LAPD to be out in force for Lakers-Celtics championship game

Status
Not open for further replies.

karldotcom

LAPD to be out in force for Lakers-Celtics championship game [Updated] | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Los Angeles police will be out in force Thursday for Game 7 of the NBA Finals to try to avoid a repeat of last year when fans outside Staples Center celebrated the Lakers' victory by damaging police cars, setting fires, looting nearby businesses and pelting officers with rocks and bottles.LAPD officials will not say how many officers will be deployed. But those familiar with the department's planning strategies said the numbers would easily surpass those of 2009 and that officers would move quickly to target agitators bent on destroying property and committing other crimes. (snip)

Just a reminder to keep the online feeds in mind Thursday night after Game 7 of the NBA Finals. Also, there were some crowd control issues after Game 6 in East LA with LASD handling...

LAPD SOUTH

Los Angeles Police Department Live Scanner Audio Feed

Also, a multiagency task force did a pre-emptive roundup by arresting members of a "tagging crew" which appeared responsible for most of the damage last year.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/socal-tagging-crew-busted-20100616

Last edited:

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Channels for Staples units???

Once they are confirmed, it would be great if someone could post a channel/frequency list of the events outside and around Staples....

karldotcom

1st Quarter Closure Area
  • Chick Hearn Court – from Albany St. to Figueroa St.
Halftime Closure Area
  • All of Cherry Street
  • Figueroa Street – from Olympic Blvd. to Pico Blvd
  • 12th St. – From Figueroa St. to Flower St
  • 12th St. – From Cherry St. to Albany St
4th Quarter Closure Area
  • Pico Blvd. – From Albany St. to Flower Street
  • Figueroa St. – From Olympic Blvd to Washington Blvd
  • Flower St. – From Olympic Blvd to Venice Blvd.
Also, the Los Angeles Film Festival opens tonight at L.A. Live (across the street from Staples Center)....

SCPD

QRT
So in looking at the live feeds for L.A. County, it seems the two likliest feeds to hear any Staples Center activity is the general LAPD feed belonging to EDGERIFT or the LAPD Hot Shots and Air/K9 feed.

I'm currently listening to EDGERIFT's feed, but it seems an awful lot of activity to keep up with. Do you think listening to the hot shots feed would be better in the case of any disturbance after the game?

Dave
KA6TJF

SCPD

QRT
LAPD Central Tac 2 ch37 484.7875 **Command Post

If you're responding to my earlier post, thanks, but I only own an analog trunking scanner, so I can only listen to LAPD through the RR live audio feed. The problem is, I'm hearing calls from Northwest, Devonshire, South, etc., which isn't what I want to hear. I will say that about 20 minutes ago they did put out a safety alert for officers working Staples Center, something about a Facebook or Twitter feed telling people how to avoid capture by the police. Included in this was the use of "box cutters."

So, back to my earlier question, would I be better off listning to the hot shots/K9/Choppers feed on RR? Or should I stay with the general live feed and get calls from all of the other divisions, meanwhile, hoping I hear something from Staples?

Dave
KA6TJF

P.S. Actually, it seems like the main LAPD audio feed on RR is doing the trick. I'm hearing the command post dispatching a bunch of Mary units to shut down Chick Hearn Court. Given the Lakers are losing by nine after the first period, maybe all of this precaution won't be necessary. We'll see.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
"20 to 25 running in the streets, 8:56 PM. People running all around. Large groups all running towards Olympic and Figueroa. Cars in the streets. People getting out of their cars."

SCPD

QRT
"Additional resources 11th and Figueroa. Officers taking bottles. Pretty good crowd gathering here. At this point, everyone running toward Olympic and Fig."

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I don't think we need to spam the forum with a play by play. People can and are listening :)

Status
Not open for further replies.