Lapd Wilshire Division Freqs Changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robo21

All of a sudden I am getting no traffic on ch 7, 506.9625 OR Ch
107 484.550 which used to Wilshire dispatch and simplex. Any ideas?

karldotcom

A couple weeks ago LAPD switch some dispatching to a Citywide tac while they were doing some maintenance. Have you scanned the entire lineup to find the missing traffic?

robo21

karldotcom said:
A couple weeks ago LAPD switch some dispatching to a Citywide tac while they were doing some maintenance. Have you scanned the entire lineup to find the missing traffic?

Thank you. No, I hadn't tried scanning the entire lineup, I don't yet have the entire lineup programmed. I've just got the 4 divisions I'm most interested in. That's a great idea and it did occur to me but I didn't have time to do so.

Radio_Lady said:
They're back on 506.9625 this morning. I don't know where they were yesterday.

Thanks, I'm getting Wilshire again. It just seems quieter than usual and I get frequent weak signals. I just may be on the edge of being able to pick them up. I may need an outdoor antenna.

Radio_Lady

robo21 said:
Thank you. No, I hadn't tried scanning the entire lineup, I don't yet have the entire lineup programmed. I've just got the 4 divisions I'm most interested in. That's a great idea and it did occur to me but I didn't have time to do so.
It's not quite a perfect solution, but you can set up two search ranges, 484.2875 - 484.9875, and 506.3125 - 507.2625. The City of L.A. has almost everything within those two ranges. There are also a few 453 and 460 Mhz frequencies belonging to the city, but AFAIK the dispatch consoles don't have them programmed in.

robo21 said:
Thanks, I'm getting Wilshire again. It just seems quieter than usual and I get frequent weak signals. I just may be on the edge of being able to pick them up. I may need an outdoor antenna.
I'm on the fringes for picking up Wilshire's base frequency, too, and can't hear their 484.55 simplex/fallback frequency at all except for occasional air units.

A longshot, but it's possible they were testing a new pair for the eventual Mid-City area. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to stop using 506.9625 while doing their intermod tests, though.

robo21

Radio_Lady said:
It's not quite a perfect solution, but you can set up two search ranges, 484.2875 - 484.9875, and 506.3125 - 507.2625. The City of L.A. has almost everything within those two ranges. There are also a few 453 and 460 Mhz frequencies belonging to the city, but AFAIK the dispatch consoles don't have them programmed in.

I'm on the fringes for picking up Wilshire's base frequency, too, and can't hear their 484.55 simplex/fallback frequency at all except for occasional air units.

A longshot, but it's possible they were testing a new pair for the eventual Mid-City area. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to stop using 506.9625 while doing their intermod tests, though.

Thanks Radio_Lady, great suggestion. Time will tell on the new pair for Wilshire, but meanwhile a search might reveal what's going on.

Would you happen to know if the "Olympic Division" has been assigned their own dispatch/simplex frequencies yet or are they still sharing?

Radio_Lady

robo21 said:
Thanks Radio_Lady, great suggestion. Time will tell on the new pair for Wilshire, but meanwhile a search might reveal what's going on.

Would you happen to know if the "Olympic Division" has been assigned their own dispatch/simplex frequencies yet or are they still sharing?
I'm told that as of last November, the name of the new 20th division had reverted back to "Mid-City" instead of Olympic. They'll be the ones getting a new set of frequencies, not Wilshire, and AFAIK the frequencies for them and "Topanga Area" (21) haven't been assigned yet, and aren't installed in the new radios hitting the streets (channels 20, 21, 120, and 121).

The City Council Public Safety Committee is scheduled to vote on the "Topanga" name tomorrow, April 14, after which it goes to the entire council. I haven't seen a similar motion for Mid-City (Olympic) yet.

At any rate, their opening dates reportedly MAY not happen this Fall as expected due to budget and staffing problems. While it's still online, see the Daily News article at http://www.dailynews.com/search/ci_8776295

"While the Los Angeles Police Department has increased by more than 300 officers over the past two years, the LAPD said plans to open the new Valley and Mid-City stations can't be finalized until the city approves its budget for the coming year.

That means the stations - set to open late this year - now won't open until early next year as the department waits to learn whether funding is available for staffing and whether the LAPD has enough of certain types of officers to man the stations."

Proposition Q, which paid for new and replacement stations, doesn't pay for staffing or maintaining them once built. The budget problems shouldn't affect the opening of the new Rampart, Hollenbeck and Harbor stations, nor Metro/SWAT's move.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Dude you dont need to bump this post more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.