Lapeer Co Encryption Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc49425

Feed Provider
I've asked if I could put like a 2 hour delay on my public safety radio traffic feed but the only delays allowed are on official feeds I was looking at maybe going to YouTube live

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I've asked if I could put like a 2 hour delay on my public safety radio traffic feed but the only delays allowed are on official feeds I was looking at maybe going to YouTube live

The lpo nightposter unless they are using their own scanner apparently is using your online one, in turn posting everything way too much and in too much detail of course of the happenings on their facebook page.
Which in turn is the cause of the petition to encrypt, so you would be still feeding the problematic lpo? Granted reading between the lines you are looking at putting in a delay?
From what I have read youtube highest delay you can put on is 60 seconds. To me doesn't seem to be enough to counter what the lpo poster is doing.

There's other software out there to be much longer delays I recall in the forums and probably have a password to limit who can listen. Not my area of expertise on that.

kc8vlv

The lpo nightposter unless they are using their own scanner apparently is using your online one, in turn posting everything way too much and in too much detail of course of the happenings on their facebook page.
Which in turn is the cause of the petition to encrypt, so you would be still feeding the problematic lpo? Granted reading between the lines you are looking at putting in a delay?
From what I have read youtube highest delay you can put on is 60 seconds. To me doesn't seem to be enough to counter what the lpo poster is doing.

There's other software out there to be much longer delays I recall in the forums and probably have a password to limit who can listen. Not my area of expertise on that.

What Kevin isn't saying is, that his Wife Melanie is Running the Fb page .
she been posting . So he isn't so innocent. He knows that she's doing it...

kc49425

Feed Provider

If I was going to Make it private if I went to YouTube live

kc49425

Feed Provider
What someone does with the audio feed is on them I follow the TOS I'm done supporting all first responders in lapeer county

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
What someone does with the audio feed is on them I follow the TOS I'm done supporting all first responders in lapeer county
so because you dont get your way, you throw a fit?, and we wonder why these agencies encrypt in the first place.

you offered to disconnect the feed but the seed was already in the salesmans mind to sell the big E, most of these system operators could care less what the public thinks, once the seed was planted it was too late

kc49425

Feed Provider
Does anyone know if they are going full time encryption or part time? I noticed that Genesee County is using encryption part time. When did Kalamazoo County start using encryption? How are they going to encrypt the Fire Department Pagers I've been told they don't support encryption

SCPD

QRT
Does anyone know if they are going full time encryption or part time? I noticed that Genesee County is using encryption part time. When did Kalamazoo County start using encryption? How are they going to encrypt the Fire Department Pagers I've been told they don't support encryption

Most likley unication pagers or a radio with encryption on it. A radio can be turned into one with added channel for paging and I've seen many do it. With options these days of multi band units, conventional capable alongside a trs tg, it isnt very hard to have a coventional channel just for paging that is secured then the user go to his designated tg.

Facebook is a disease the sheep flock. Sorry but many places have the same issue. NM has begun to notice this with crime ridden areas and steps are in place currently for long term solutions down road.

It reminds me of they won't do it cause, etc. Just like many sticking guns to no a model 1 xts 5000 or 2500/1500 can't have a ucm. I don't know who thought that one up but we have 350 of them with aes capabilities still hanging around.

Last edited:

RayAir

I think they (Genesee) want to encrypt most TGs, for sure LE and SPEV TGs. I heard they had problems with their new radio programming and most everything needed reprogrammed. They've been wanting near full time encryption for over a year and still aren't there so the process has been very, very slow but once its here we're SOL. Supposedly, the dispatch consoles are being updated for encryption currently.

Kalamazoo and Calhoun Co have been full time encrypted on the LE side for years.

I dont think Lapeer has actually encrypted anything yet but if it takes as long as Genesee it will probably take a year. I'd imagine some coordination also has to take place for interop.

kc8vlv

Check with Unication , Motorola min 6 doesn't do 800 mhz nor encryption.
They been for a while i know that 7-31 &8-1 2018 there is going to be an sysrem outage in Kzoo and St.Joseph

kc8vlv

I think they (Genesee) want to encrypt most TGs, for sure LE and SPEV TGs. I heard they had problems with their new radio programming and most everything needed reprogrammed. They've been wanting near full time encryption for over a year and still aren't there so the process has been very, very slow but once its here we're SOL. Supposedly, the dispatch consoles are being updated for encryption currently.

Kalamazoo and Calhoun Co have been full time encrypted on the LE side for years.

I dont think Lapeer has actually encrypted anything yet but if it takes as long as Genesee it will probably take a year. I'd imagine some coordination also has to take place for interop.

That's quite interesting..
Some wiz bang over at Lapeer central dispatch has been telling the fire departments 120 days to change over to encryption...

A lot of there volunteer firefighters have the xtl 5000 hts... about 75% of the fire officers use the apx 6000 , which is like living with vega while your wife had a cadillac

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
They been for a while i know that 7-31 &8-1 2018 there is going to be an sysrem outage in Kzoo and St.Joseph

This is information I'm pretty certain they don't want to be released to the general public for officer safety. You might want to ask your source if this is internal/confidential, or if it's ok to discuss publicly.

Eugene

Sounds like all they are doing is taking out the free stuff (ADP which is touted as being inferior to AES) and substituting the pay extra stuff (AES) on all radios so that they can be P25 "compliant". Nice sales tactic Motorola......

Eugene KG4AVE

Status
Not open for further replies.