Lapeer Co Encryption Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
There are many things weird about Lapeer County, Michigan's government/law enforcement. :roll:

Sure glad I don't live there.

kc8vlv

Crediting social media and online streaming for the decision to go with full encryption, Lapeer County commissioners voted 7-0 in favor of the implementation:
https://www.change.org/p/lapeer-county-commissioners-support-privacy-and-safety-approve-encryption

Hopefully they will be as slow as Genesee County in implementing it, however I don't blame them for choosing encryption. I'd go with it too.

With What Money? Brad Starrord ,mpscs has said the encryption must be approved by Lansing. And recently the tower upgrades failed. I don't know where Lapeer is going to come up with 5.5 million dollars. The Lapeer county fire chiefs assn , voted against encryption.

ipfd320

Banned
They will Get the Homeland Security Government Grant that,s where the Money will Come From

and it only took 51 people to sign the petition-----

Victory
This petition made change with 51 supporters!---Thanks SARA

Its Bad Enough Michigan cant get their water problem straight but its top priority to get the BIG (E)

Yah Something Definately Aint Rite....

opps2016

ADP encryption is standard on all Motorola APX radios, no additional cost. MPSCS doesn’t approve agency encryption.

RayAir

Somewhere I remember reading the cost for adding encryption would be around $60k for 1,000 radios.
That seems like a low dollar figure so I'd guess they're paying some radio shop to drop an ADP key in them.
But this is just a guess.

I understand their desire for privacy, but I'm disappointed because it sounds like all the mains will be encrypted, not just proprietary TGs, etc.

Oh well.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
ADP encryption is standard on all Motorola APX radios, no additional cost. MPSCS doesn’t approve agency encryption.

It may come standard but is it enabled? Can the department enable it, or does Moto want additional fund to activate it?

kc8vlv

They will Get the Homeland Security Government Grant that,s where the Money will Come From

and it only took 51 people to sign the petition-----

Victory
This petition made change with 51 supporters!---Thanks SARA

Its Bad Enough Michigan cant get their water problem straight but its top priority to get the BIG (E)

Yah Something Definately Aint Rite....

" to Quote , there ain't any grants available. They just finished 3 grants and have been denied the grants ..

opps2016

It may come standard but is it enabled? Can the department enable it, or does Moto want additional fund to activate it?

Single key ADP is standard and activated, the DES/AES option is 600.00. If you want the multi key option add 247.00 to the total.

Agency can set up there own ADP key.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
It's been argued many times that ADP is too weak etc etc... but it's cheap/free and 100% effective at blocking streams and scanners. Sign of the times unfortunately.....

kc8vlv

Most of the reason for the encryption is because of a facebook page called Lpo nightposter , Lapeer police operations Nightposter. The Original Lapeer police operations group is still on facdbook ,however the original admin is now deceased .

kc49425

Feed Provider
Bunch of BS I've been providing the feed since 2007 and now they have an issue with it I'M DONE WITH LAPEER COUNTY

kc49425

Feed Provider
When I started broadcasting I sent an email to Lapeer County sheriff's department and Lapeer County central dispatch telling them the share it with all agencies in Lapeer County that for any reason to notify me and I will disconnect the audio feed I heard nothing from no one for the last 10 years If you wanna blame someone blame them

kc8vlv

Kevin, over the past 3 months your lapeer based newspaper has printed all the negative comments and residents complaints . Regarding your page... if the present lapeer county sheriff and communications directors didn't want you to post calls to your page then there is a issue..

Oh and lets talk about the Posting of 6/24/2018 10:30 a.m.
That is a cluster...

I invite the forum members to read it... get your facts straight before posting .

Hey forum admin. You might want to turn off the comments on the thread .

kc49425

Feed Provider
Kevin , you don't have to be nasty about it.

I wasn't trying to be nasty I was just saying I don't do the posting on Facebook I just deal with the scanner feed until 8-1-18 Afterwards I will no longer be broadcast public safety radio traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.