LaPorte County to upgrade radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Is that why there are two of these systems listed on the RR database for La Porte County Trunked Systems?

Current system:
Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T (Motorola) Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink Statewide

Future system:
Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T (P-25) Project 25 Phase I Statewide

The SAFE-T P25 is the P25 upgrade conversion of the current Motorola Smart Zone. The new LaPorte system will be an site of that system. It will take around an year to build the new site for LaPorte County. By the time they have the new Dispatch Consoles, Mobiles, and HTs etc all in place, the upgrade will have reached that area and they will be using pure P25 Phase I.

Crash1316

Premium Subscriber
Wish I would have started learning about scanning before it got complicated ;) I have a lot of catching up to do.

Crash1316

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your explanations. It helps greatly! I've been trying to comb through a lot of info about this to get up to speed and it's starting to come together for me.

The SAFE-T P25 is the P25 upgrade conversion of the current Motorola Smart Zone. The new LaPorte system will be an site of that system. It will take around an year to build the new site for LaPorte County. By the time they have the new Dispatch Consoles, Mobiles, and HTs etc all in place, the upgrade will have reached that area and they will be using pure P25 Phase I.

Crash1316

Premium Subscriber
I saw on the SAFE-T thread that Indiana will be going to P25 phase II possibly in 2020 time frame? When that happens the 396XT would no longer be able to pick it up, correct? Would the Uniden BCD325P2 be well suited for SAFE-T P25 phase I and P25 phase II? Thank you, again.

Yes an 396XT would do fine for the SAFE-T P25 which is what they will be using.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.