LaPorte County

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul46360

LaPorte county recently went to the 800mhz frequencies.
The ones posted on this site don't seem to be working or I hear garble voices.
I've read that the simulcasting is creating issues for scanners.
I have a PRO-96.

Thanks

vocoder

Depending on what "garbled" sound, some depts are fully encrypted and simulcast can cause broken voice also. Laporte pd is a fully encrypted dept.

Might be an adjustment on the pro96 to help with simulcast??

Maybe admin milf can help with those details

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
With a PRO-96, P25 LSM systems are truly tricky. You can attempt the internal adjustment but be very careful as that solder points surrounding the screw are fragile. And it is fifty/fifty that that will make your 96 sound awesome on the system. They are still amazing on stand alone sites, and still very good on LSM sites, but not put full hope on it as every site has unique characteristics. You would do much better with newer digital scanners, especially the Whistler TRX, or Uniden BCDX36HP series on LSMs. Or if you got the bucks, hold out a little longer for an Uniden SDS100. I personally have had great success on the IDPS LSMs, and at least 3 of the SAFE-T LSMs with PRO-96s... After one bump too many I did damage the solder point and thus the PRO-96 I still have is no longer an LSM machine. Still fine on P25, just can not do LSM sites at all any more. I gave my other PRO-96 to my sister and nieces in Hot Springs, AR to use. (Though I will have to get them another scanner that can do 700 MHz trunking as both the County, and Municipality they live in are putting in 700 MHz LSMs.)

If you even hear voice at all its LSM distortion, encryption comes through as an BUZZ, not a garble.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Indianapolis Department of Public Safety TRS.... Linear Simulcast Modulation.. The method used on P25 SIMULCAST systems/sites. There is a TON of information on this subject, do a forums search, or go to the wiki.

vocoder

From the radio shop and monitoring, a fact, laporte pd is 100% encrypted

If you take your pro96 scanner near the camp summit trunk site, your reception should be clear for anything not encrypted. Which in effect proves simulcast trouble in other location

Last edited:

us007605

Saw this story today about LaPorte Schools having Radios on SAFE-T:

La Porte County schools can now communicate directly with first responders | WSBT

It says a call initiated by these radios shows up to law enforcement as an emergency call. I don't see a TG in the database for LaPorte county for Schools. I checked my Unitrunker logs and have seen an unknown TG of 12648 with "46" radio IDs that has shown up several times as initiating an emergency call. Most of the time radios affiliate with the TG but no voice calls except for those few emergency calls. It might be something to add to your scanner to see if the TG can be positively ID'd.

Brian

vocoder

Yes, the schools in laporte county do have a safe t tg. Confirmed at radioshop

That tg could be it, give it a shot

paul46360

I have a severe mental block on how to program TG.
The 96 manual reads like a calculus text book to me.
I printed out the quick ref. programming instructions..but damn..I must be really dense on this stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.