Large Explosions in North Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbnmaster

Apparently there is a warehouse fire in North Las Vegas in the area of Craig and Lamb. Reports of very large explosions and at least one person trapped in the warehouse at this time. Anybody have any other information? I can see the explosions from my front yard..... Northeast is very active right now on 159.210.

Last edited:

tbnmaster

North Las Vegas P.D. is advising that the fire was caused by a lighting strike to a propane tank. Multiple large explosions at a propane gas company. CCFD is saying that the fire is completely out of control and to expect further explosions throughout the night and also to expect power outages in the area. Las Vegas Metro moved all normal call operations to TAC 2 and the fire traffic is staying on Metro Northeast 159.210.

TOUGHLIFE

According to a very recent transmission an evacuation order of one mile around the center of the incident is still in effect. Concern still exists about the propane tanks.

TOUGHLIFE

NLVPD is using SNACC TG ID 36656 for traffic related to the incident and NHP just shut down I-15 south of I-215 in the North area, again due to the risk of an explosion.

TOUGHLIFE

NLVFD Zone 5 Tac 7 (ID 42704) is now the tac channel for the EOC for this incident.

TOUGHLIFE

The news media is reporting that the cause of last night's explosions was that of "human error" and not lightning. The fire continues but not to the degree of last night and the largest fear is that further explosions could happen thus the need for evacuation. The concern of fire officials deals with a large tank that is partially filled with propane and is very hot due to the fire. The various talk groups mentioned earlier continue with activity.
I-15 remains closed from Cheyenne to I-215 north of Craig Road.

TOUGHLIFE

The situation seems to be largely under control at this time and many of the roads near the site are being opened.

Quint6

North Las Vegas New Fire Station's

Does anyone know what streets or location of North Las Vegas
New Fire Station's 50 & 58 will be built
Thanks
Mike

ewink

Quint6 said:
Does anyone know what streets or location of North Las Vegas
New Fire Station's 50 & 58 will be built
Thanks
Mike
On the map I have I don't see a proposed 50 & 58, but I do see a proposed 57 (and since this is a government issued map it's probably out of date) which will be located at Centennial & Losse area...

Looking at the map, it looks like a good place would be north of the beltway... But again, this IS the government we're dealing with here.

The next time I see someone with the FD I'll ask, but who knows when that will be. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.