Larimer county structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
jeffreyinberthoud said:
off route 68 ?? major structure fire at some lodge hearing all this on 154.430

What makes you think 154.430 is Larimer County? Also no route #'s in the county that I'm aware of. I would be focusing more on Platte Canyon FPD if it was me.

Did you hear anything else Jeff?

Jim<

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
jeffreyinberthoud said:
sorry Jim wish I was as in tune as you .............:(

man so what was I hearing ???????

Probably Platte Canyon FD in Bailey (Park County) because they went mutual aid with North Fork.

Jim<

Spud

Colorado &quot;Route 68&quot;

jeffreyinberthoud said:
sorry Jim wish I was as in tune as you .............:(

man so what was I hearing ???????

Old route 68:
W End: Up to 1939: Jct US 40 southwest of Lookout Mountain; 1939 to 1953: Jct SH 103 at Echo Lake
E End: Jct US 40 at Golden Rd. and Colfax Ave.
Places: Echo Lake, Squaw Pass, Bergen Park, Lookout Mountain, Golden
History:
Appears to be an original 1920s state highway. Started at US 40, and headed northeast via Lookout Mountain Road to Golden, then southeast via Golden Road to Colfax. In 1939 it was extended westward from SH 74 at Bergen Park west to Echo Lake over Squaw Pass via current SH 103. Decommissioned in its entirety by 1954.

State Hwy 68:
Length*: 4.46mi
W End: Jct US 287 at Harmony Rd. and College Ave. in Fort Collins
E End: Jct I-25 Exit 265 west of Timnath
History:
Became a state highway about 1968, using Harmony Road across the the south side of Fort Collins between US 287 and I-25. Expressway from US 287 to just west of I-25 by 1971. Eventually became one of Fort Collins' main gateways and a major commercial corridor. The expressway was extended through the I-25 interchange, by widening the bridge and adding turn lanes, in 2000. CDOT turned back all of SH 68 to Fort Collins in mid-2005. This is known as E. Harmony Road between Hwy 287 and I-25 in south Ft. Collins.

The 154.430 frequency is not used in Larimer County and is listed as City of Longmont in Boulder County.

May not have answered the question regarding what you heard but now you can be confused at a higher level...

The Spud.

Status
Not open for further replies.