Larkspur T/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Douglas County: SB I-25 MM-176 T/A R/O with ejection and initial reports of decapatation onscene, Larkspur FD requesting an AB standby.

O/F 151.115, DTRS, Online

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Larkspur U/D: Confirmed one code black, three other pts and requesting to keep the bird and 2nd medic unit coming in.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
DATE: 3-12-08
TIME: 4:30 P.M.
LOCATION: Southbound I- 25 at milepost 175. ( Douglas County) On 3-12-08 at approximately 10: 54 A.M. Troopers responded to the southbound lanes of I-25 at milepost 175.
A blue 1991 Toyota SR5 was traveling southbound On I-25 in the left lane behind a white 1999 Freightliner truck-tractor. The Toyota accelerated and moved to the right lane, cutting off a non-contact vehicle in the process.
The Toyota continued to accelerate in the right lane and attempted to move into the left lane, in front of the freightliner and struck the right front of the semi with its left rear. The Toyota rotated counter-clockwise as it went off the left side of the road and onto the center median and then collided with the safety cable barrier. The vehicle rolled an undetermined amount of times ejecting the unrestrained driver.

The unrestrained driver has been identified as a 39 year old male from Aurora, CO. The male driver sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead on the scene by the Douglas County Coroner. The name of the driver is being with held due to next of kin notification.
The restrained driver of the Freightliner has been identified as Oliver R.
Harvey, 37 of Colorado Springs, CO. Harvey sustained no injuries.

Alcohol, drugs and speed are not suspected as contributing factors.
More information will be released as it becomes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.