Larsen 150/450/800 Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevyman22360

I recently purchased two of these antennas because of the reviews on this site for this antenna was so good. I have found that the VHF High is really good, but the 450-460 in my findings is really poor. Am wondering if anyone else has found this. I am using these antennas with me GRE PSR 500. Just looking for other opinions on the UHF band.
Thanks.

fineshot1

I'm not saying that you are not experiencing a legitamite problem but before you come that conclusion make certain that your receiver is not being desensed by strong signal overload from a close by paging station or some other source. A lot of these handheld models have very hot receivers and are easily overwelmed especially when a external antenna is used. Have you tried switching back to the oem duck or another indoor antenna to see if the reception improves?

Chevyman22360

fineshot1 said:
I'm not saying that you are not experiencing a legitamite problem but before you come that conclusion make certain that your receiver is not being desensed by strong signal overload from a close by paging station or some other source. A lot of these handheld models have very hot receivers and are easily overwelmed especially when a external antenna is used. Have you tried switching back to the oem duck or another indoor antenna to see if the reception improves?
That possibly could be the problem, I have not had the overload problem in my area with the UHF band, but I have with the VHF. I will do some more testing. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.