Las Vegas and Clark County Fire feed on Broadcastify

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jace1986

Not sure if this is the best place to post this.

I love listening to the Las Vegas and Clark County Fire broadcastify fee. Particularly when Pulsepoint sends me notifications for Structure fires.

I however hate when you are trying to listen to a fire and the feed gets bogged with the normal day to day dispatch traffic and you miss operational fire traffic.

I would love to see the feed split into two separate feeds. Maybe instead of just LVFR and CCFD have a SNACC Fire Dispatch feed and a SNACC Fire Tac's Feed and incorporate all of the departments in the valley.

I am not sure if the person hosting the current feed is on this forum or if someone on here has contact with them or if they even have the ability to do so, but I figured I would post on here. I also recall 5-6 different feeds for LVMPD broken down into area commands. Since LVMPD is now all encrypted maybe put up those old feeds at Fire feeds...

Just throwing out some ideas.

Hope everyone stays safe and thanks for hearing me out.

DrPsyche

Hello Jace1986,

I'm having issues with the Las Vegas and Clark County Fire broadcastify feed on Winamp player. I've contacted Winamp support, but they told me that the issue is with the feed itself. What could be the problem?

Thanks.

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
Not sure if this is the best place to post this.

I love listening to the Las Vegas and Clark County Fire broadcastify fee. Particularly when Pulsepoint sends me notifications for Structure fires.

I however hate when you are trying to listen to a fire and the feed gets bogged with the normal day to day dispatch traffic and you miss operational fire traffic.

I would love to see the feed split into two separate feeds. Maybe instead of just LVFR and CCFD have a SNACC Fire Dispatch feed and a SNACC Fire Tac's Feed and incorporate all of the departments in the valley.

I am not sure if the person hosting the current feed is on this forum or if someone on here has contact with them or if they even have the ability to do so, but I figured I would post on here. I also recall 5-6 different feeds for LVMPD broken down into area commands. Since LVMPD is now all encrypted maybe put up those old feeds at Fire feeds...

Just throwing out some ideas.

Hope everyone stays safe and thanks for hearing me out.

"Breaking down" feeds into separate agencies requires a separate scanner and other hardware for each feed. Digital scanners are expensive. We don't get paid or receive free equipment to provide feeds. It is done on our own dime and our own time. If you don't like what is being provided to you FOR FREE, then you are more than welcome to go buy your own equipment and launch a feed the way you like it.

Hello Jace1986,

I'm having issues with the Las Vegas and Clark County Fire broadcastify feed on Winamp player. I've contacted Winamp support, but they told me that the issue is with the feed itself. What could be the problem?

Thanks.
He is not the provider, he's just someone complaining about it. What issue are you having? I believe due to recent changes by Broadcastify to thwart unauthorized use of the feeds, the ability to use Winamp or other static URL streamers is now broken because the stream addresses change several times a day. So basically the address you get when you first click the Broadcastify link will work for a while, but then it will stop and you will not be able to reconnect using that same address - you will have to click the link again. Only the standard players and authorized apps can actually "follow" the address as it hops and provide continuous streaming.

Last edited:

DrPsyche

Hello KD0TAZ,

Thanks for your reply.
What player is the best for Broadcastify then?

rcool101

Feed Provider
My 2¢... The best for me on smart phone is Scanner Radio Pro...The best at home on my PC is ScannerLive...Nether is free

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
My 2¢... The best for me on smart phone is Scanner Radio Pro...The best at home on my PC is ScannerLive...Nether is free

I also highly recommend SRP. Best one I've used. It does have free version with ads, but Pro is only $3 - and well worth it.

I don't stream on the computer much, so I just use the HTML5 client when I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.