Las Vegas PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Wouldn't you guys think, since you know the old VHF freqs aren't in use, that it would be helpful to submit that information to the database so it can be updated as such? Then people wouldn't have to waste their time asking the question.

DB updated.

3mary2

Wouldn't you guys think, since you know the old VHF freqs aren't in use, that it would be helpful to submit that information to the database so it can be updated as such? Then people wouldn't have to waste their time asking the question.

These old VHF frequencies are still in use: Admin/Rural 158.7900 Tac 1 159.135 Tac Simplex 155.595
Tac 3 Car to Car 153.965. The Admin channel is used on the old system and the P25 Phase ll The other three I have heard them used within the past forty-five days.

br0adband

Been monitoring for the old VHF simulcast frequencies for the past 24 hours and haven't seen a hit on any of them so, take that as you will but I'm pretty sure they simply don't use them anymore for whatever reason.

EDIT:
And of course, just after I make this post I hear something but I don't think it's LVMPD - just heard a dispatch call go out on the 158.790 frequency and the typical unit identifiers were never used so, I have no idea what exactly is going on with those frequencies at this point. Some transmissions even have the "Roger beep" on them which is not something I've ever heard on LVMPD even in the analog days. It sounds more like the frequency has been reassigned for use with rural outlying areas, I really don't know at this point but at least that one frequency did show some activity just now.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT

These old VHF frequencies are still in use: Admin/Rural 158.7900 Tac 1 159.135 Tac Simplex 155.595
Tac 3 Car to Car 153.965. The Admin channel is used on the old system and the P25 Phase ll The other three I have heard them used within the past forty-five days.
Heard training on Tac1 about 40 days ago TAC 3 Used at EDC not sure for what

Hooligan

Several additional old LVMPD freqs are still in-use. At least some patrol vehicles assigned to Eastern Area Command still have 5/8-wave VHF whips on them, as so LVMPD SAR & if I recall right, at least some K-9 vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.