latest Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucklebd

Premium Subscriber
I am in Southern Ohio, (Gods Country) and listen to the MARC's system. I upgraded to the latest firmware yesterday and my scanner has not spoken a word since. Any suggestions?

phask

Premium Subscriber
1st - Ohio's MARCS is dead. You want MARCS-IP. It will be renamed (probably) at some point.

You say Firmware - but did you update the database?

- also - which scanner?

bucklebd

Premium Subscriber
Bcd436hp / bcd536hp

Yes, I did update both, Firmware and the database, everything down here is MARC's IP, as well as some conventional stuff. I am unable to pick up anything since I did the update.

cm

Have you checked to make sure that scan list didn't somehow get turned off after doing your firmware update?

phask

Premium Subscriber
I presume you are using the full database and not a favorite list. (there is no such term used on Uniden as scan list).

Check your location (zipcode) and range. May have reset with firmware update. Also check service types.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Updated Firmware & Database

Hi!

Just a quick note on the subject, I updated both 436HP / 536HP scanners and both working well on the P25 phase 1 & 2 program, and NJ Smartzone.

bucklebd

Premium Subscriber
OK, I had a file from back in Feb. that I had saved, I cleared the scanner, and loaded the old file, and now it is picking up everything in the area. Don't know what I did, but I hope I pay better attention next time. Thank you for the advice.

marksmith

More than likely the upload file had some radio parameters or settings in it that you or the upgrade knocked off. By reloading, you set them back to where they were when working. Still not sure if you are using favorites list or full database. You should be able to update both now without fear of knocking things off. Then I would give this updated file a save on your PC so the valued setting (whatever it was) is now stored as part of your updated files.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.