Latest serial numbers / HW revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryntha

So I finally jumped and got a 536HP due to the NXDN update (Take note, Uniden!) after being a Whistler/GRE person for years and years.

Serial number is 7800xxxx.

I know that there have bene some problems with early on 3800xxxx units; and I've seen 4800xxxx and 5800xxxx units in the wild. Some with noise from the headphone port, others with display issues.

So the first digit seems to be some sort of batch or revision. (Perhaps HW revision)

Only thing I'm wondering: Had a friend purchase one at the same time. His is 8800xxxx.

Does anyone know if there's anything significant between the 8800xxxx scanners and the 7800xxxx scanners? I take it these are all fairly late in the production run...

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The first digit after the Z indicates the year of manufacture. Anything 6 or above has had all the hardware problems resolved. There aren't any significant hardware revisions since then.

aryntha

Ok, wow that makes a ton of sense. And OK, so I got a 2017-made model; no problem. Thanks for that. Got the PV, DMR and NXDN upgrades installed today.

Status
Not open for further replies.