LATIE = Confusion.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka5lqj

Ok,

I'm misunderstanding something. On the LATIE database, it does not show any
frequencies or "sites" for Troop G, up here in NW Louisiana. Now, I'm seeing
"Talkgroups" for Region 7 (Troop G) listed (41826 thru 41830).

I "thought" I heard some "screaching" sounds on the Troop G - 800 trunked -
Bellvue site. I wonder if they're testing it on 800 ?

As far as I know, the ONLY thing "digital" around here is some of the Bossier SO
transmissions that deal with drug bust and the Tri-Parish Drug Task Force. I
don't think that the Caddo 911 Communications District nor the Bossier City Public
Safety folks are going to "convert" over their new systems any time soon.

Should anyone find out about Troop G, can post it here. I'll see what I can find
out as well.

Good Dxin',

Respectfully,

Don/KA5-LQJ

kevins669

Database Admin
The state is currently building out the network of sites.

It takes some time to get the whole state covered, as you can imagine.

Just because the system has not been built-out does not mean there is no talkgroup plan in place. In fact, as statewide agencies go live on the new system, they already have this plan in their radios, so they will be able to communicate with their counterparts in other areas.

As many local agencies are doing, yours too may migrate to the state system. As long as coverage meets the requirements of your agency, it is a pretty good deal for them :)

-- Kevin

ka5lqj

"Thanks"...

"Thanks" Kevin,

I don't think Caddo 911 will change anytime soon, they've laid out several MILLION of the taxpayers dollars to get this system up and going. For the most part, it works extremely well. The ONLY problem I've noticed is a lot of times the local SPD units will remark that their "computer" is either "down" or they're having to "log off & log back on" or just "go by voice".

On the other hand, the Bossier PD, never has that problem with their computers. ?? I'm not sure what the SPD's computer's problems are, wither the modem, laptop or radio system.

Now, I have noticed on the "Bellevue" system for the State a lot of "traffic" comes in from other areas...Angola, Shreveport and other Troop G areas that are not heard on their respective systems.

Once the LATIE system is in-place, I can pretty much use my Radio $haft scanners to monitor other frequencies. I'm close enough to Texas and Arkansas to hear a lot of their VHF traffic. When Cycle 24 gets "good", I'll also be able to monitor the Low-band VHF, 25 to 50 mcs and hopefully some UHF frequencies as well. We have Barksdale AFB here, so there is a lot of Military comms. I don't listen to regular aircraft or railroad traffic, but will monitor the business band channels a lot. Sometimes you can learn some "things" about plumbing or electical from the contractors on how to do something or what "size" you need to do home repairs, LOL! (My brother works for AEP/SWEPCO Electric and is studying for his "license"....Free help, LOL!)

Well, I stupidly pressed the "0" then "1" on my Pro-95 yesterday, before the scanner was "ready" and it wiped out ALL my banks of frequencies and "text tags". I don't have access to the back of the wife's computer (this one, mine "died") so I'll spend ALL day in re-programming everything in, LOL! It's a GORGEOUS morning here with temps in the mid-60's and sunshine. But we are expecting some rain storms later this afternoon. :) It's all "gravy". We need the moisture in the ground here. Now, if I just had a big, ol' "Cathead bisquit" to sop that rue up with...Mmmmmmm! LOL!

Blessings,
Respectfully,
73, (Best Regard)

Don/KA5-LQJ
"King Ace 5 Lucky Queens & Jacks...my name is Don, 'Double Or Nothing'..goes with the poker hand"

Last edited:

kevins669

Database Admin
New Orleans still has MDT problems after all this time... Seems it is something that they have to deal with... Always need to log off then back on, it seems.

Oh, and it is absolutely perfect outside here too. Too bad it can't stay like this every day!

-- Kevin

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
I nopd still using the edacs system for them mdt?
I cant get coverage from them all that well when i was living in slidell, (moving back this tuseday yes!!!)
and for the caddo 911 system
I was in stamps a few years ago and caddo 911 trs was booming in
more then likely they would meet the late requierments, pine bluff arkansas actully did this a while back and it works like a champ

Status
Not open for further replies.