Layton Fire Getting Robot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
It appears Layton Fire is playing with a new dispatch robot like VECC in SLC and Weber County on tgid 5600.

TGID testing on 10304.

Inquisitive minds want to know.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
It appears the robot is up and active and is patched to tgid 10400 which is Layton Fire 1

KD7DDC

Very likely this is the G2 VoiceAlert Automated Dispatch. I haven't confirmed this is the system being used by Davis, VECC, and others in Utah currently but it seems to be the most popular around.

PACNWDude

I work for a private company that has many fire stations across the country, and the Phoenix G2 is taking over fast. They work great, and are easy to wire radios into. The configuration we use is a Motorola Trbo series mobile wired to the panel for fire station alerting. Being IP based, add on: lights, speakers, sirens, and scrolling displays are easy to add on. Luckily, I have lived where the "robot" dispatcher has been in use for a few years.....so hearing more is becoming the norm now.

MotoTRK

The configuration we use is a Motorola Trbo series mobile wired to the panel for fire station alerting.

It uses whatever radio works for the system since MOST operations use a TG OTA as a redundant fallback should IP fail. I know here in Utah we are big on keeping things redundant for agencies including that OTA broadcast of "Samantha" as we use to call it back east.

Status
Not open for further replies.