Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber

Attachments

• LCNFinder.jpg
    LCNFinder.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 384

Voyager

In LCN Finder, hit FUNC-SYS and it will ask if you want to save what was found. (posted for completeness)

After that, review the site frequencies and you will see what was found.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
I was able to run LCN finder on a NXDN system close to me. RR Database only has 1 channel listed, but there are 5 for the site. LCN finder was able to find 3/5 channels after running for 12 hours, but I cannot see the results anywhere in the menu. Can someone please walk me through this- it is my first NXDN system I have ever tried to use. I still can't get DMR to work right.

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked License - WQLA932 - BAYCOMM, INC. - Frequencies Summary

As for the picture, what it shows is NOT LCN finder. That is System Status, which shows 4 Frequencies in the system. If you run the LCN finder, and it shows 5/5 found, then use Function System to store the found LCNs. Then you have to go into editing and edit frequencies and after view just press enter IIRC and the next screen will show the LCN number. Then exit all the way back out.

Voyager

I just checked, and it only has the frequencies in there. NO mention of LCN at all?

A trunked system will show the LCN once you enter the frequency (or hit ENTER if the frequency is already there).

If it does not show this, it is not programmed correctly (and LCN Finder would not have worked at all).

I suspect you never edited/reviewed the frequencies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I typed the 5 frequencies into my 536 exactly as they are listed on the FCC License. I am unsure what you are implying I did wrong, sorry.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
How do I know if these 5 channels are IDAS, Trunked, or 5 conventional channels?

If the LCN finder shows that it found 3/5, then it is most likely IDAS or NXDN48. It is possible that Baycomm is only using 3 of their licensed frequencies for that system. The other 2 frequencies could be used as another 2 frequency system, 2 Single frequency channels, or may not be used at all.

You may want to just program the 3 frequencies that you have LCN's for and see if you can receive all of the traffic. Hope this helps.

Voyager

You can also listen to the two other frequencies conventionally and see if you hear anything on them at all.

The fact LCN Finder worked means it has to be trunked.

Status
Not open for further replies.