Lcra p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update. I guess they either moved the old Kerville tower to Comfort or built a new one specifically for the Opensky and P25 systems. For coverage that would be three sites in Kendall and the Luckenbach one which is in Gillespie County covers into northern Kendall.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Thanks for the update. I guess they either moved the old Kerville tower to Comfort or built a new one specifically for the Opensky and P25 systems. For coverage that would be three sites in Kendall and the Luckenbach one which is in Gillespie County covers into northern Kendall.

10-4. Coverage was pretty spotty in the Comfort to Fredericksburg area before that tower came online. I only recently joined this thread but I used to tune in when driving up to Fred or Enchanted Rock.

I confirmed Boerne PD Patrol 1 and 2 as 7011/7012 last night based on conversations. Dispatch was listening in on both as well. They are mainly in use as back channels for patrol officers. Law 1 can get loaded down with traffic stops as by my count, between DPS, KCSO, BPD and FOPD, there are always at least 16 officers on duty.

7015 is called CID, and only Fair Oaks radio IDs are coming up on it. Only 81xx units talking about streets in Fair Oaks Ranch. I have just listed it as such in the DB.

I am running discovery on the 436HP and logging the Bergheim tower on Unitrunker full time now trying to nail everything down.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I just updated my list of tgs.

Thanks
Don
Several more talkgroups were submitted late tonight for Kendall County mainly for fire/ems. That leaves our Kendall County unknowns as follows:

7016 - Sandwiched between Fair Oaks PD TGs
7021 - Surveillance heard
7032 - Probably Apple Springs 1 based on the others around it
7033 - Probably Apple Springs 2 based on the others around it

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Several more talkgroups were submitted late tonight for Kendall County mainly for fire/ems. That leaves our Kendall County unknowns as:

7032 - Probably ALAMO Springs 1 based on the others around it
7033 - Probably ALAMO Springs 2 based on the others around it

I can't edit the post but for some reason I typed Apple Springs the first time, haha.

jbsarandolphmonitor

Air band monitoring JBSA-Randolph
No problem. If I don't know what a tg is used for I might guess what it might be used for. I wait to see before I submit it to the db.

Don

K9ROD

New Fire TG

All of the rural fire departments have talk groups specific for them. I'm just not sure of the hex code or the actual TG number for Bergheim and Boerne. There is also 1b77 TG 7031 that is labeled KC_FE_P which is just another way of saying Fire Dispatch Primary. The different departments are given different sets of TG based on the department. There are 14 of these groups. One example of a group would be for Bergheim Fire: Fire Primary, Info, Ops 1 to 5 and Bergheim 1 and 2. Another example is Boerne PD; LE Primary, Info, Ops 1 to 5, Patrol 1 and 2, CID, Admin, Util 1 and 2. So depending on what group you work for is what your going to have in your radio. They all also have the 700 and 800 conventional channels required in the NFOG manual. Most will have some of the LCRA channels in them too. I've not heard of anyone using them except the LCRA guys. The other new ones that were on my radio were HOSP1 and 2. Not sure if the Boerne Hospital has a radio or not. Have never heard of them mentioned.

If you have any other questions, shoot me an email and I'll try to answer them. Rod

K9ROD

Fill in the blanks

I might be able to fill in a couple of blanks.

TG 22 is Boerne Public Works 1 I believe
TG 27 & 28 are KC EMC 1 and 2 or OEM 1 and 2 TAC
There is also an EMS 1 and 2 TAC

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
All of the rural fire departments have talk groups specific for them. I'm just not sure of the hex code or the actual TG number for Bergheim and Boerne. There is also 1b77 TG 7031 that is labeled KC_FE_P which is just another way of saying Fire Dispatch Primary. The different departments are given different sets of TG based on the department. There are 14 of these groups. One example of a group would be for Bergheim Fire: Fire Primary, Info, Ops 1 to 5 and Bergheim 1 and 2. Another example is Boerne PD; LE Primary, Info, Ops 1 to 5, Patrol 1 and 2, CID, Admin, Util 1 and 2. So depending on what group you work for is what your going to have in your radio. They all also have the 700 and 800 conventional channels required in the NFOG manual. Most will have some of the LCRA channels in them too. I've not heard of anyone using them except the LCRA guys. The other new ones that were on my radio were HOSP1 and 2. Not sure if the Boerne Hospital has a radio or not. Have never heard of them mentioned.

If you have any other questions, shoot me an email and I'll try to answer them. Rod

Thanks Rod, lots of good information there. I know that Methodist Boerne ER has a radio. I took a kiddo for a busted nose when he jumped off a bed into the window frame last year. They had TG 7028 and 7031 scanning on a handheld APX on one of the counters as I heard a few pages and responses while there. I have not yet heard any patient reports to them on the LCRA system.

When you said TGs 22, 27 and 28, are you referring to those actual numbers or 7022, 7027, and 7028? I have only heard TG 7 with radio testing in that range of numbers.

K9ROD

LCRA P25 Kendall County

I made a mistake in referring them as TG, when instead they were channel numbers. I need refer to them as the ID HEX number.

Boerne Public Works is 1b8b
KC_EMC1 is 1b71
KC_EMC2 is 1b72
KC_INFO is 1b73
KC_EMS1 is 1b75
KC_EMS2 is 1b76
KC_PK_1 is 1b85
KC_PK_2 is 1b86
KC_HOS1 is 1b8e
KC_HOS2 is 1b8f
Boerne Fire 1 is 1b65
Boerne Fire 2 is 1b66

Hope this helps clarify and fill in a few more blanks on the database. Rod

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I made a mistake in referring them as TG, when instead they were channel numbers. I need refer to them as the ID HEX number.

KC_EMC1 is 1b71
KC_EMC2 is 1b72
KC_INFO is 1b73
KC_EMS1 is 1b75
KC_EMS2 is 1b76
KC_PK_1 is 1b85
KC_PK_2 is 1b86
KC_HOS1 is 1b8e
KC_HOS2 is 1b8f
Boerne Fire 1 is 1b65
Boerne Fire 2 is 1b66

Hope this helps clarify and fill in a few more blanks on the database. Rod

Excellent. Rod, as bad as I want to go ahead and call groups 7032 and 7033 as Alamo springs VFD, we can't do it without confirmation. They are a pretty quiet department so without getting the Luckenbach or Comfort sites, we may never hear them. Would you mind checking around to see if they are as we suspect?

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
Is it confirmed that Boerne public works has radios?? Last I knew they were using some type of phone app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Is it confirmed that Boerne public works has radios?? Last I knew they were using some type of phone app.

They may well be doing so, but that group could just be programmed in for them if needed for any reason. I know the road and bridge people on 7048 could certainly use cell phones more as that is the second busiest group after Law 1.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin

The Luckenbach tower is actually on FM 1888 Lindendale Rd, a few miles southeast of Luckenbach. It is inside Kendall County by a few hundred meters only, but for all purposes, it is a major part of both counties' reception.

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
They may well be doing so, but that group could just be programmed in for them if needed for any reason. I know the road and bridge people on 7048 could certainly use cell phones more as that is the second busiest group after Law 1.

I have confirmed that Boerne Utilities uses push to talk phones.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I have confirmed that Boerne Utilities uses push to talk phones.

10-4 to utilities. They handle gas, electric and water/wastewater as well as streets/drainage under the Public Works department umbrella.

That leaves some city services out that are separate: Animal Services, Parks and Rec, Code Enforcement to name the big ones. Due to the lack of activity on LCRA for them, they may be in the same boat. I do question whether 7049 and 7050 are in fact county road and bridge channels. 7048 is pretty good about only using the 4XX radio numbers and not a whole lot of names. 7050 when used is for traffic direction and uses names.

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
This may be a dumb question but here goes, I presume that on a specific radio, what shows on the display is the TG name only?? If that is the case the only way to verify some of these would be to get the radio to key up while the scanner is in TG search so that we could id the different TG's?

rbarker

Robert
That is correct. The agencies don't see the talkgroup numbers. they only see the talkgroup name. Sometimes they will say the talkgroup name when they are talking.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Some agencies will also refer to the channel number also and not the talkgroup name. There was some confusion in the Live Oak area when they went to the new system in that the channel selector number did not match up with what was on the display. Most of the agencies now are suppose to train users to look at the display and not the numbers on the "channel selector."

Status
Not open for further replies.