A1 and A3 have been confirmed to work

Leduc county fire
tone1: 1116.2
only one tone so i believe it will not work with uniden tone out

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Single tone tone-outs work fine with Uniden, just make them both the same tone. What's the timing on them ... 1 sec/3 sec for the two-tone alerting and 6 or 8 sec for the single tone alerting?

omrail

Single tone tone-outs work fine with Uniden, just make them both the same tone. What's the timing on them ... 1 sec/3 sec for the two-tone alerting and 6 or 8 sec for the single tone alerting?

will the Leduc Ambulance is 1sec/3sec. for Leduc Fire both tones are 6 or 8 secs long. i will have to time it next time I here it. for Leduc county fire I would say 8 sec. after posting I was thinking that if i set both tones the same it may work. i will have to do that and see if it works for me

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The way it works for most tone paging systems, most two-tone paging uses a cadence of 1 second for the first tone (called the A tone), and 3 seconds for the 2nd (B) tone. Where you have a long single tone, that's usually a "long B" tone and is a group call. Many fire departments and other agencies using 2-tone paging will have one or more two-tone alert pairs for various things, like Duty Crew, Medic 1, Medic 2, Chief, and so on. The B tone for all these is often the same, and the "long B tone" is used as a group call, which will open up all those pagers as if they were getting individual pages.

I know that's kind of a long description that wasn't asked for, but it may help you understand what you're listening to. :)

omrail

will from what i know Leduc fire has been 2 long tones from the time I started scanning in 2002. when it is sounded every one response. there has only been one time that their was just 1 tone and that was for just the on call Platoon. since Leduc fire is now a fire and ems services with full time firemedics, if there is a fire call in the City limits there is 3 long tones. one for the full time firemedic then the normal 2 for the paid/oncall firefighters and this is on both Fire 1 and fire 2 (or the EMS channel).

I am now thinking that the first tone is for Platoon 1 and the second tone is for Platoon 2.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Is there any one out there that knows the fire tone out for the city of Leduc fire department. Thank you

From a few sources:

Today at 10:00 AM leduc City fire EMS dispatch was closed, doors locked, lights off. Leduc City fire EMS units will upgrade the radios to the new Strathcona system LTR system in early 2009.

omrail

will yes Strathcona is dispatching now. how ever the Leduc City fire/EMS dispatch is still open to operate in tandem and for some more testing as Strathcona has just know started dispatching. it all will be completed by Dec15.

SCPD

QRT
will yes Strathcona is dispatching now. how ever the Leduc City fire/EMS dispatch is still open to operate in tandem and for some more testing as Strathcona has just know started dispatching. it all will be completed by Dec15.

Strathcona county is trying really hard to become a regional East of Edmonton dispatch center. They're doing a great job. Except for a few pockets towns they have pretty much taken over dispatch all the way to the Sask. boarder. Parkland county is doing the same West of Edmonton, dispatch all the way too the Yellowhead county east boundary and beyond.

Last week Mayerthorpe ambulance was dispatched by Parkland county

Status
Not open for further replies.