Lee County FL has rebanded this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
clement123: In the meantime... go back and read the 3rd post in this thread.

To follow the rebanded trunked system like before... you'll need one of the newer scanners like the Radio Shack PRO 106 or 197. Uniden also makes scanners that will follow the rebanded system.

clement123

Thank you K4IHS. I've done that now and I do receive non-talk group tracking communications. They seem to carry on one channel only and they are all jumbled between the various services, fire, emergency and Sherrif. Need to figure out what my nest scabber will be.
Thanks again.

clement123: In the meantime... go back and read the 3rd post in this thread.

To follow the rebanded trunked system like before... you'll need one of the newer scanners like the Radio Shack PRO 106 or 197. Uniden also makes scanners that will follow the rebanded system.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
At least that gives you something to listen to. The newer digital and reband capable trunking scanners are pricey. I can't say anything about the Uniden's... but I know the Radio Shack PRO197 and 106 work well here in Lee Co. Look for them on sale with Christmas coming soon. Also get the USB programming cable and purchase programming software like the WIN500. These things are "monsters" to program by hand. But the software makes it simple. If you get one and need a hand... let me know. If you live here in Fort Myers I'd be happy to meet you for coffee and help get you going. Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197, PSR-310, PSR-410 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

clement123

Thanks Kilowatt 4...I'm listening to what now seems like an old single channel crystal radio...quaint...brings back memories...actually calming to be honest, like badmiton...but a far cry from the big show.

I have noticed that the RS scanners are VERY costly! Nearly $400 or more. Well maybe there will be close outs or sales closer to the holidays. Thanks for all your help and offer...I may take you up on that, I'm in S. Ft Myers myself. Cheers.

casike

got it working on my BCD396T

I downloaded the zip file and play around with settings the only thing I found is the control channel only. needs to be check.. uploaded to scanner and started to work just fine thank you for all your post my scanner (Lee C) was dead for few weeks now.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I sent the reband info to RR the week Lee Co rebanded and the database was changed the next day. :)

Can you remember what changes you made caslike? Others that have a 396 may be interested.

Last edited:

clement123

Florida Highway Patrol

Do the RS Pro 106 and 197 scanners receive the Florida Highway Patrol Signals? What about the Uniden BCD396T?

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Finally I got it to work !!!!!

Apparently the Freescan Software was not sending the System Band Plan to the Radio itself.

I manually entered the Lower, Upper, Step, and Offsets as well as deleting any other freqs, other than the initial 4 control channels, clicked Control Channel On, and it worked.

Thanks for all the suggestions and offers and I hope my findings will help others that might have the same issue with a BCD996T.

Now, I'll work on my 396T next..................

Regards to all,

BigMike

Did you get your 396T to work? I have one also, but won't be back down there till June.

casike

BCD396T
I used the standard 800 reband (set Mot CustomReband Type II)
1 851.0250 854.0000 440 + 25 kHz
2 851.0125 868.9875 0 + 25 kHz
I checked control channel only
upload the data back to scanner and work just fine. I use the zip files I downloaded from other post.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
BCD396T
I used the standard 800 reband (set Mot CustomReband Type II)
1 851.0250 854.0000 440 + 25 kHz
2 851.0125 868.9875 0 + 25 kHz
I checked control channel only
upload the data back to scanner and work just fine. I use the zip files I downloaded from other post.

Ok, good. I programmed mine by hand, and used Custom 800, since there is no reband option on the scanner itself. Hope it works when I get there.

M

MITTYCPD

Lee County Problems

Just flew into Fort Myers last night and tried my scanner today. Prior to leaving up north I thought I had rebanded it correctly. I now find that it will scan, pickup a transsmission and then stay locked on that talkgroup. It will then pickup other transmissions as they occur, just not necessarily for that talkgroup. Shown are my settings on my 396XT:
Firmware: 1.08.14
Bandplan: Custom
Frequencies: 853.525 853.625 853.7750 853.875
Bandplan 1: 851.025 854.000 +440 25 Khz
Bandplan 2: 851.0125 868.9875 +0 25Khz

What is happening is once it receives a transmission it seems like the carrier stays open and it doesn't resume scanning. It will only pickup transmissions on the frequency it appears to be locked on. Any help would be appreciated. Freescan was used to program. Thanks in advance.

M

MITTYCPD

Another Question

I thought I would experiment and I started from scratch and reentered the frequencies and band plan starting from scratch and lo and behold it is working the only thing I see different from this system and the original is "MOT" now displays in the upper right hand corner. I'm thinking I missed something in the original system as that doesn't appear in my original system. Since I don't have my computer/software/cable to change anything can someone clue me in on how I can correct this via keypad. Thanks.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
casike: Only Cape Coral is P25. The rest of the county is rebanded Motorola type II trunked analog. Cape Coral PD is encypted but you can listen to everything else. The database is correct.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Lee Co fire dispatch

I'll add... all Lee Co PD/FD/EMS comms sounds fine in North Fort Myers. :)

Can you clear up how the Lee County fire dispatching is done?

Using two radios simultaneously I have determined that:
154.325 CSQ is sometimes simulcast with talkgroup 8688 "Lee Fire Dispatch 3 North"
154.43 PL107.2 is patched full-time to talkgroup 8656 "Lee Fire Dispatch 2"

I never know what's dispatched where. It seems that they segregated it among 3 or 4 different dispatch talkgroups, is that right?

Also, I've seen a real radio that shows 154.325 labeled "Tice/Shores" and 154.43 named "Lee Control". I don't know if this matters these days. I'm guessing all the VHF stuff is deprecated, but they kept the handful of dispatch channels for volunteers?

Thanks for any clarifying info you can provide.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Lee Co fire dispatch

Upon further review, it appears that they mix and match each dispatch according to whichever units are going out. Sometimes the tones go out only on VHF, other times only on 800, other times on both. Sometimes the voice goes out only on VHF, other times only 800.

For normal console transmissions they always transmit on both VHF and 800, but for dispatches things get fragmented. I guess you just have to know where to listen for what or else flip a coin.

154.43 VHF "Lee Control" simulcast with tg 8656 "Dispatch 2" for normal traffic

154.325 VHF "Tice/Shores" simulcast with tg 8688 "Dispatch 3" for normal traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.