Lee County Tornado / Search & Rescue Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
WQAU472 was used by the EMA DIRECTOR. But i have not heard any think on it in a long, not to say it my still be in use.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
I have been scanning the NIFOG / Mutual aid frequencies (now my wife knows why i need 4 scanners) but have not logged any hits on the computer the scanner is hooked too.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
I know I am 57 years old but how cool would it be to see Air Force One fly over the my house. The big planes from Ft. Benning do it all the time.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
I am over in Russell county. In the Ladonia area. By the way the crow flys I am about 3 or 4 miles from were it hit both sites

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I know I am 57 years old but how cool would it be to see Air Force One fly over the my house. The big planes from Ft. Benning do it all the time.
He's stopping at Fort Benning on the way to Florida for his Alabama visit. Arrival is scheduled for 11:30am.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
No Pictures, phone is crap for that. Heard Lawson Tower bring them in to the runway. Then heard Auburn airport talk to Marine 1 then on the way back to Ft.Benning heard Lawson Tower talk them back down. I am kicking myself cause i forgot to cut my recorder on my 436 on.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
I never got any Federal traffic. Just heard local law Lee SO and ALEA stopping traffic and doing things like that. What surprised my heard troopers on the old car-to-car freq. talking to each other.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
No Pictures, phone is crap for that. Heard Lawson Tower bring them in to the runway. Then heard Auburn airport talk to Marine 1 then on the way back to Ft.Benning heard Lawson Tower talk them back down. I am kicking myself cause i forgot to cut my recorder on my 436 on.
Marine One over Lee County
42c715c7cc254cb1ca0bfb8a724623e8.jpg

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
I would say because when this happened the old VHF system got overloaded with everyone trying to talk to dispatch and they had to use cellphones to do that. They would had a real mess if the cell towers had got taken down like it did in Enterprise Al years ago then being on Southern Linc’s iDEN network for dispatch

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
I want to add, so no one thinks i am saying Lee County did not do a good job, that all of LEO, VFD, EMS, ect. did a great job with the ungodly large mess. They all hit the ground running.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Columbus, about 30 miles away. It's very scratchy but readable here.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump landed at Lawson Army Airfield March 8 in Air Force One before flying in Marine One to Lee County, Alabama, where March 3 storms and tornadoes killed 23 people and caused major damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.