Liberty County SEGARRN Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
774.48125 has been on the air as a control channel for the SEGARRN system in Liberty County. The BCD396XT displayed 02C5h-0105, which would make it site 5 for the SEGARRN. So far I haven't been able to find any further information on it via FCC searches. I've yet to hear any talkgroup activity, just the active control channel.

Jkendr23

I live in Hinesville. I'll listen for any P25 activity and report my findings. I haven't noticed any digital antennas on the patrol vehicles yet, but I check every day.

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
The last time I went thru Liberty on I-95, I did hear some Bryan County TG activity on the Liberty site. Keep in mind that you won't always be looking for mobile antennas. It's common for agencies using 700/800 systems to go with just handheld radios instead of issuing handhelds and putting mobiles in cars (questionable policy, but there it is).

Mike, I think I have an answer on the Effingham license but I need to look into it a bit further. Sorry to be so late replying to that, but I've been busy lately. Hopefully I can follow up this afternoon.

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
Updated. Any word on Effingham County WQOD539? Which site is it?

The frequencies for that license are identical to the ones licensed to Chatham County. It seems that what they are doing, until Effingham can acquire the funding to put up their own site, is putting up a temporary site is south Effingham County using Chatham's frequencies to cover a problem coverage area in northern Chatham County.

Hope that makes sense...

lep

I live in Hinesville. I'll listen for any P25 activity and report my findings. I haven't noticed any digital antennas on the patrol vehicles yet, but I check every day.

"digital antennas" sort of reminds me of the TV adverts in the old days when there were ads for "color antennas."

I've no idea what a "digital antenna" is, the system here in Bulloch county is analog 800 MHz and I'm pretty sure the mobile antennas are the same as the Effingham P-25 mobile antennas!

Oh yes, there is plenty of P25 activity here through SEGARRN site #103 {Statesboro] but it is mostly either Bryan, or Effingham units with a smattering of Chatham units for good measure since Bulloch is still analog.

lep

The liberty county site is on the air, it is P-25 and identifies as #105. cc = 774.48125. There are 164 known Talk Groups on rr.com including 12812 Hinesville FD and 12820 Hinesville PD.

lep

Heard on SEGARRN, TG 877 (not listed on rr.com) key ups but no voice traffic logged. UID logged has been previously associated with GSP Rincon (1834x) now being regularly heard for the last 4 or 5 days on new TG 367
Traffic logged about SAVCOM reprogramming troopers radios but details not known to me.

Previous SEGARRN TG 1041 used by GSP has been removed by rr.com w/o explanation, probably as a submission from some one who wishes to remain anon.

Status
Not open for further replies.