Lifeguard Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I was in Baldwin County about two weeks ago and noticed a Lifeguard ambulance on a response. I did a little research on the internet and found out that Lifeguard bought MedStar back in the summer.

This week I was at the Texas EMS Conference and was talking with a Lifeguard employee. He works in Texas, so didn't know a lot about the acquisition other than that they plan to retain the MedStar name (at least for now) and that units from Mobile sometimes assist MedStar units in Baldwin County.

Which brings up two questions. First, what frequencies does Lifeguard use in Mobile. Second, how do they talk to Baldwin County dispatch? That's assuming that they have a need to do that and aren't just doing IFT calls.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

MFRD8539

Lifeguard uses Southern Linc, dispatch from B'ham. The "Medstar" units will likely still talk on the Baldwin P25 system. How they cross-communicate when the Mobile trucks roll over there, no idea.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Is Southern Linc a monitorable system? I looked at the DB here, but didn't see any information.

Lifeguard uses Southern Linc, dispatch from B'ham. The "Medstar" units will likely still talk on the Baldwin P25 system. How they cross-communicate when the Mobile trucks roll over there, no idea.

w5wht

So let me ask this. As far as Life Flight and the new air ambuance their in Stapleton.
are they both still abe to be listen to?

Do they still use Baptist Life Flight?

Julian1

Southern Link & Nextel are both iDEN (Integrated Digital Enhanced Network)
iDEN was developed by Motorola. I can remember when the FCC Classified the assigned frequencies as SMR - Specialize Mobile Radio / Scanners cannot handle at all.

I

ilken

Lifeguard

I am hearing Lifeguard being dispatched on AFRN, I assume they are taking up the slack for Medstar

garys

Premium Subscriber
On my trip there last month, I saw a mix of Lifeguard and MedStar ambulances in Baldwin, County. All of the radio traffic I heard from Baldwin Central was to Medstar units. I wondered at the time if Lifeguard is in the process of rebranding MedStar ambulances as Lifeguard.

That's something that seems to happen a lot in the private industry when one company buys another.

kcartwright

Premium Subscriber
Lifeguard uses Sprint Push to talk to communicate with their dispatch in birmingham. In Baldwin county the medstar group uses the baldwin county 911 dispatch for all emergency calls and uses the motorola wave app for communications on smart phone. the lifeguard side uses the sprint ptt. and uses baldwin 911 for emergency calls. The lifeguard operations cover the bay minette area as primary 911 response and medstar covers their area. Lifeguard does not use southern linc for any communications in the mobile/baldwin area.

Status
Not open for further replies.