Lifenet Polk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangelove

Do we still have the Lifenet Polk helo at Bartow Airbase? I haven't been monitoring for several months and don't follow local news so much. Lately I've been hearing Trauma Alerts with AirMed.

aharry

Good question, they had a lot of good press a couple of years ago but now nothing. I don't know if they are still providing service in Polk or not.. AeroMed may be a generic term used for medical heli service.. all I know is they seem to be on scene in Polk pretty quick so I don't think they are coming from Tampa or Orlando... but don't know for sure.

Strangelove

Aeromed. That's what I meant to say earlier.

Anyways, Lifenet used to have a website which isn't around anymore. I knew they had gotten a new helo called a Euro-something or other that was supposed to be quieter. There was also a Lifenet Lake County based in Kissimmee. I know it flew over my house whenever it was returning to Bartow from Tampa, but I don't hear it much lately. I heard one the other day, but that may not have been it.

BTW, regarding the Polk CAD, my mom got picked up by Polk EMS the other night by ALS 7. I saw their computer screen in the cab and apparently all the trucks have the same CAD on their screens. So therefore, we see what the trucks see.

trooper890

lifenet

Lifenet was recently purchased by Air Methods. I believe they are all going by AEROMED callsigns now. AEROMED is not a generic callsign, but should cover all the old lifenet birds.

Strangelove

Well, I found this agenda item for the BOCC last October revoking the certificate for LifeNet and issuing it for Aeromed. I suppose though that was a required step for the change. I dunno.

Lifenet Polk site:www.polk-county.net - Google Search

I saw that both LifeNet (Bayshore) and Aeromed (TGH) are both owned by that Air Methods. Aeromed does seem to be based at Bartow now. Whatever works, I guess.

My thing is that apparently you can't monitor Aeromed unless they're on Disaster 15.

aharry

BTW, regarding the Polk CAD, my mom got picked up by Polk EMS the other night by ALS 7. I saw their computer screen in the cab and apparently all the trucks have the same CAD on their screens. So therefore, we see what the trucks see.

Last week there was actually a whole block of additional info.. under the main table to the left of the unit status.. it only lasted a few hours.. I thought it was an improvement.. but it must of been a mistake because it disappeared rather quickly. It didn't really have much more info except it had a notes section which gave some additional details about the call.

Strangelove

Last week there was actually a whole block of additional info.. under the main table to the left of the unit status.. it only lasted a few hours.. I thought it was an improvement.. but it must of been a mistake because it disappeared rather quickly. It didn't really have much more info except it had a notes section which gave some additional details about the call.

What's interesting is that the old CAD rarely gave the address. Now the address is there, but the type of call is mostly blank.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
My thing is that apparently you can't monitor Aeromed unless they're on Disaster 15.

On the Polk Motorola system, monitor TGID 4656, which is Aeromed Polk Ops. Aeromed Primary is 47.580MHz (PL 186.2).

Also, LifeNet Bartow used to be on 462.950MHz (PL 103.5). Don't know if this is currently being utilized by the Aeromed folks or not.

And don't forget 155.340MHz (PL 167.9), which is "Air Secondary." Most, if not all, medevac helos check in at some point on this freq.

Last edited:

Strangelove

Hey, thanks Bolt.

No, I think all I get is that EMS service in Clermont on 462.950.

Strangelove

Yeah, I gotta look up how to do PLs on the 780XLT. I did it before, but can't remember how I did it.

BTW, I did hear AeroMed 3 on 462.950 earlier.

radiorob

lifenet

Areomed bought lifenet about 1 year ago. The company does a class called pathfinders to learn how to land a ship. Also. thay do use 155.340 for PT. reports also nextel. Any ?s radiorob@hotmal.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.