Lincoln County database page update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Hello all

The Lincoln County, NC database info is slightly out-dated by a few years, so I am going to update you on it. I have verified this information with my own eyes & ears, radios & scanners... I will make a chart below of what is currently on there, and below that I will make a chart of the corrections to what it should be now. And yes, I have already submitted the corrections to RadioReference, however it's been a whole week and still hasn't been fixed, as I am sure they are all busy so in the meantime I will post it here! Please see below:

159.16500 (218.1 PL) -- Fire Dispatch (Primary) -- Fire Dispatch
154.26500 (218.1 PL) -- Fire Dispatch (Secondary) -- Fire Dispatch
154.20500 (218.1 PL) -- Fire Tactical -- Fire-Tac
450.07500 (136.5 PL) -- Sheriff CH 5 Simplex -- Law Tac

LINCOLNTON
453.17500 (136.5 PL) -- Police Ch 8 Simplex -- Law Talk
154.99500 -- Services -- Public Works
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below are my corrections of what it should be updated to be.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

159.16500 (218.1 PL) -- Fire Dispatch -- Fire Dispatch
154.99500 (173.8 PL) -- Fire Tac 1 (West) -- Fire Tac
154.26500 (218.1 PL) -- Fire Tac 2 (Central) -- Fire Tac
154.20500 (218.1 PL) -- Fire Tac 3 (East) -- Fire Tac
450.07500 (136.5 PL) -- Sheriff Car-to-Car -- Law Talk

LINCOLNTON
453.17500 (136.5 PL) -- Police Car-to-Car -- Law Talk

Notice under the LINCOLNTON CITY area the 154.995 Services channel is no longer used by Public Works and I have moved it up under the County section for Fire Tac 1 (West), it was converted a few years ago to a Tactical channel. Lincolnton Fire is actually dispatched by County Dispatch and always has been, so that channel was absolved into 1 of the 3 Tactical channels that are used now depending on the area of the County that it's in. I also added the correct PL code that it should be. Please contact me with any corrections or explanations. Thanks!

••David

When I lived in that area, they actually referred to the talk channels as Ch 5 & Ch 8 (county & city).

Have they started to call it by the new names?

Last edited:

Lincolnton Fire is actually dispatched by County Dispatch and always has been, so that channel was absolved into 1 of the 3 Tactical channels that are used now depending on the area of the County that it's in.

••David

You are referring to the old city public works channel, but they already had three fire-tac channels. Did they finally replace state fire with the old public works channels?

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
You are referring to the old city public works channel, but they already had three fire-tac channels. Did they finally replace state fire with the old public works channels?

No, State Fire is still there, but is apparently only used with Mutual Aid type situations, I imagine that's what it was supposed to be used for anyways. I have not heard it used in years. I have verified the channels I have listed myself by listening to calls and when they switch to a Tac channel I also switched to listen, which is how i confirmed which channels were Tac 1, 2, or 3. IN actuality, the old public Works Channel is referred to by Lincolnton FD as "City Fire" Tac channel, but it also is used as Tac 1. The way they have it split up is Tac 1 is Western county, Tac 2 is Central, and Tac 3 is East county.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
When I lived in that area, they actually referred to the talk channels as Ch 5 & Ch 8 (county & city).

Have they started to call it by the new names?

I haven't heard it referred to as Ch.5 or Ch.8, when they switch they just say "Switch to Mutual Aid". they have had to do it 3 times in the last few weeks due to other major incidents being worked on the main channel.

I lived there from 1999-2010 and mutual aid was 453.700. I think they called it channel 7. They used that to talk with each other plus dispatch had that (all agencies in Lincoln County are dispatched by the county, if some are not aware).

The city & county simplex channels were used by the individual agencies only. They might have had them programmed in each others radios, but they were kept to 453.700 when talking across agency lines. Listening a few hours a day, I would hear them both used often. I lived just south of town so I would not hear the county units on the far ends of the county of course).

Gaston County also had 453.700 and used it heavily (as did other UHF agencies along the hwy74 corridor) so you'll need a tone programmed to keep them separate.

I didn't think it was smart using state fire as a tac channel, but that change was made a few years before I moved (confirmed by the programming sheet from one of the county VHF radios). Good thing they changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.