Lincoln County DMR??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Is there anyone else here in Lincoln County, specifically Lincolnton? Lincolnton PD is on UHF 460.450 MHz and normally there isn't any issues, however for the past few days there has been some major interference on their channel. At first I thought it was just bleed-over from another agency but when I did a search I didn't find anyone else around my county that used the same frequency. When listened to the interference more closely I noticed the familiar sound of a trunked Control Channel noise. When I plugged the frequency into my UniTrunker program it was showing up as a DMR Control Channel, but there isn't anybody using DMR in Lincoln County or surrounding areas! I would like to know if anybody else in Lincoln has came across this unusual situation?? The only thing that I could find is the Union County School District uses DMR on that same frequency but that is over 75 miles from me and I can't imagine a DMR Control Channel coming in so strong being so far away from its zone area. Anybody have any insight? Thanks y'all.

••David

W8EMX

Premium Subscriber
What you are hearing is most likely from Union county (NC). They do have a MotoTRBO system down there for their school system that is fairly busy.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8539

Site #3 in Waxhaw has a channel the same as Lincolnton PD which I can often hear better across the river than LPD itsself.

Hope this helps!

--TS

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
What you are hearing is most likely from Union county (NC). They do have a MotoTRBO system down there for their school system that is fairly busy.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8539

Site #3 in Waxhaw has a channel the same as Lincolnton PD which I can often hear better across the river than LPD itsself.

Hope this helps!

--TS

I had a feeling that was it. It's quite annoying and the weird thing is it didn't start until last week, I don't remember ever having this issue. Thanks!

••David

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
You have discovered ducting!

I actually had to look that up just now, LOL. Atmospheric Duct, that's actually what I thought it was in my head, it was a few days of cloudiness and I thought to myself the clouds must be so thick and heavy the VHF radio waves couldn't pass thru. I didn't know I was actually correct in that sense! LOL thanks. It hasn't done it in a few days, it's just weird cuz I've had many cloudy days before and it's never done it.

••David

Status
Not open for further replies.