Line spacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
All of a sudden when I write a post, whenever I hit the Enter key, I'm seeing additional blank lines, as if I pressed the Enter key more times than I did. I have to do the preview thing, then go back and delete the extra lines.

Any ideas what is causing this?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
If you are hitting the Enter key, thus inserting a carriage return/line feed, there's no need to do that unless you are trying to create a new paragraph. The forum software will automatically break your lines to fit the screen. For example, this reply was typed without hitting the Enter key at all.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If you are hitting the Enter key, thus inserting a carriage return/line feed, there's no need to do that unless you are trying to create a new paragraph. The forum software will automatically break your lines to fit the screen. For example, this reply was typed without hitting the Enter key at all.

This is something new, as it started happening to me for about a week now. I always use carriage return and never had it create double spaces between paragraphs before. Kind of a pain.

I under understand you are saying you've enabled automatic word wrap? The only problem with that is if you want to format text differently.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I usually try to use multiple paragraphs. That is to keep separate thoughts apart and avoid confusing a reader.

While I hit the Enter key twice, once to end the paragraph a second to add a line space, it looks like an additional line space was added (as in one more carriage return than I actually typed). There have been no changes to my computer that I'm aware of that would cause this to be happening. Just like iMonitor said, its been a week or so since this began.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I
have
no
issues
with
double
lines.

The Enter key was pressed once between each word above. The result is a single line. It could be something on the RR end. It could be something with your browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.