Link to VHF propagation map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I know I'm replying to an 11 year old topic, but it appears Jon needs some help. Due to Google changing their model for the maps API, it appears this resource is no longer available pending an open source solution. Maybe someone here with some experience in the Open Maps API can reach out to him and help.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What a shame. I've checked his map multiple times a day for years!!

this is the open source map program that Radio Reference uses. hope this helps!

https://www.openstreetmap.org/about/

Useful, but not really related to propagation predictions. See the links in the wiki or the one given in the last message - that'll give you a good idea of what we're talking about

Mike

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Useful, but not really related to propagation predictions. See the links in the wiki or the one given in the last message - that'll give you a good idea of what we're talking about

I think he was saying that is a map source that doesn’t have API restrictions. Google Maps has changed the way it is allowed to be used and that is “breaking” a lot sites. The open maps might be a new way to use on the backend of the prop map.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I am glad the switch was made to the new map source. This website is very helpful during the ARRL VHF/UHF contests. Well, I am typically out of range for internet service during those contests, but others review and relay what they observe.

Status
Not open for further replies.