linux operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.

helsing1950

I am new to this forum and I have a brand new Uniden BCD996T were do I find freq and other software updates when my computer uses Linux

MStep

I am new to this forum and I have a brand new Uniden BCD996T were do I find freq and other software updates when my computer uses Linux

I'm not that familiar with the 996 series, but I have a little bit of knowledge about Linux. There is a program that you can run in Linux called Wine, which in turn will allow you to run many WIndows based programs from within Linux. That would probably be a good starting point--- perhaps someone here with hands-on experience will jump in as well.

frazpo

I'm not that familiar with the 996 series, but I have a little bit of knowledge about Linux. There is a program that you can run in Linux called Wine, which in turn will allow you to run many WIndows based programs from within Linux. That would probably be a good starting point--- perhaps someone here with hands-on experience will jump in as well.

I have had good luck with Wine running decoding software on my Linux laptop.
It will create directories that the windows programs will run under. Simple .exe programs can be ran by right clicking and choosing "run under Wine"

I am using Ubuntu 14.0 LTS.

parnass

AJ9S
I use Keith Wyatt's bcprogtool software with BCT15X scanners and I modified my own copy of the program to work with the Uniden BCD996P2.

bcprogtool was written in Tk/Tcl and does not require using Wine software on your Linux box.

Keith no longer actively supports bcprogtool, but most of the features work OK.

More information here: https://code.google.com/p/bcprogtool-tcl/

lasakro

Premium Subscriber
Run Windows Scanner Programs on Wine Instructions

Yes, I know this thread is 7 months old but maybe some people are still subscribed. I have a work in process and ProScan is working like a champ on my Ubuntu 15.10.

Please see these 2 new pages below that I've developed to enhance your scanning experience. I would love to open the software lists to include more equipment than just scanners.

ProScan
ProScan Install Under Linux - The RadioReference Wiki

Wine Setup
Software_Setup_For_Linux - The RadioReference Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.