liquidsoap - any other users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vees

Premium Subscriber
I'm currently using liquidsoap under Ubuntu Linux to handle encoding multiple stream sources, destinations, and codecs (MP3 and OGG). I couldn't find any mention of it in a forum search. If anyone's interested in learning more about the setup or trying it out, let me know and I can type up a short step-by-step list of what I did.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Please do, might be something we can incorporate into our NEW audio broadcasters portal that we are working on.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I did some extensive work with liquidsoap during investigation of technologies for the feed broadcast appliance.. a very slick set of tools and applications. Has a ton of dependencies though! :)

hacksaw

Premium Subscriber
I would be willing to give it a try. I have a ubuntu 9.10 server box sitting here and a spare scanner. I have not used liquidsoap before. ( or blackice) sounds intersting. I do run zoneminder on this box and that takes up quite a few resources, Liquidsoap light on processor I presume.

vees

Premium Subscriber
I would be willing to give it a try. I have a ubuntu 9.10 server box sitting here and a spare scanner. I have not used liquidsoap before. ( or blackice) sounds intersting. I do run zoneminder on this box and that takes up quite a few resources, Liquidsoap light on processor I presume.

On my Pentium 3 667 MHz CPU, two MP3 streams and two OGG streams use about 65% of the processor with a load average of 1.7.

hacksaw

Premium Subscriber
I will give it a try, I am about 60% processor on a 64bit machine. I think I can squeeze a little more out of this machine. Zoneminder with 6 cams recording has the IO's running pretty good.. I think this will be OK to add since it's not writing to the drive, is it?

I will start a install on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.