List ID's and how to make them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danaslc

Premium Subscriber
I have been a scanner for a long time. I now have a Pro 20-52 and a hand held for the car Pro-94. Here is my problem. With this Trunk Tracking system, I hear something I want to listen to and I have to wait for my scanner to land on it again, which can take forever and by that time I have lost most of what has been said. I have the frequencies and I saw the new updated ID's on this site. I have to say a big Thank You for all that information. I want to make some list ID's. Is this something that would solve the problem that I am having? I have all frequencies on one bank. Is that the way it should be?

Thanks for your time. :D

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Welcome to the forum

Looking at Salt Lake Public Safety (new) System, note there are two sites. Each of those sites will need to be in a separate bank on the 2052 (can't help with the 94, but likely similar).

Then program all ID's in each bank, and scan both. The scanner has 5 sub-banks in each bank, each with ten locations for ID's for a total of 50 per bank.

Usually set PD in the same sub-bank and fire/ems in their own sub-bank.

After programming, there is two methods for scanning; SCAN which scans only those programmed, unlocked ID's in the selected SCAN LIST (list 1 through 5), and SEARCH which scans all ID's available in the system.

The scanner can only lock on one Control Channel per bank

danaslc

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your help! I also scan SL County. I have those frequencies as well, I got them on this site. Should I put them all in different banks and then set up my list? Meaning I would have SL Country on one and then SLC using two? That would be using 3 different banks to scan SLC and SLC County? With this new scanner I can scan all 3 banks at one time correct? The SL County is huge and covers a wide area. I don't think I can get it all using List Id's for everything I would want to monitor. Can I put the SL County banks on two different banks and make list ID's for both or can you only enter in those frequencies once on the scanner. That I think would be the ideal thing to do if the scanner will allow me too.

Again Thanks
Danaslc

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Salt Lake Public Safety (new) has two sites and the county has 6. Any site you can receive may be programmed, but each will need to be in a bank by itself with this scanner. The scanner can scan several trunking systems (banks) simultaneously. It will move to another bank when activity stops on the previous bank.

The county will likely be sorted East and West. You can determine this better during scan after you are programmed properly. The two city sites may be set by areas also, but the TG's listed my or may not help in this regard.

Notice in the Database, a blue and red freq, these are controls and alt control. Before programing, I would first determine if a control channel can be captured by your antenna and scanner setup. To do this, have the scanner in conventional programming, not trunking. Print the two pages (city and county) for reference while you go through these test. Use one bank (in fact you can use one channel) and enter the site 1 red freq in the county system, then press E. If you hear a strong CC noise, place a check mark by that freqs on your printed copy. Enter the site 2 freq right on top of the site 1 freq, then press E. Repeat this with site 3 through 6, then do the same with the two sites for the city, and if you hear a CC noise on a red city freq, you won't need to test blue freqs.

After the test is complete, determine which CC or alt for city you heard noise on and list where (what bank) you want that site to be programmed.

Remember, any CC noise heard, the scanner will trunktrack. Any not heard, the scanner will not track.

We can continue after you found which will work. Remember, you can do this test with one channel, just rewrite (enter freq number) on top of the current freq and press E (should give you instant CC noise)

Status
Not open for further replies.