List of digital scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCarBomb

Hi guys, I'm new to anything scanner related and I've been lurking around a little trying to find a scanner to buy. But it seems that everywhere I look (Amazon and other places), the sellers don't like to mention whether the scanner is digital or analog. I was wondering if someone here could help me out and throw me a list of some good digital scanners to check out, from the lower-end of the financial spectrum to however high you think I should be aware of. Thanks in advance!

Also, it might be wise to explain why I want a scanner. I've been listening to police and fire departments around my area with a scanner app on my phone, but I want to be able to focus on one department at a time, and the only broadcaster in my area has about 13 departments on one channel which can be a little frustrating as it bounces around a lot.

lu81fitter

If you hover your mouse over the WIKI tab and click on "radio models" in the drop down menu, you can take a look at many different radios and scanners there.
Hope this helps.

ecps92

Category:Digital Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki
Hi guys, I'm new to anything scanner related and I've been lurking around a little trying to find a scanner to buy. But it seems that everywhere I look (Amazon and other places), the sellers don't like to mention whether the scanner is digital or analog. I was wondering if someone here could help me out and throw me a list of some good digital scanners to check out, from the lower-end of the financial spectrum to however high you think I should be aware of. Thanks in advance!

Also, it might be wise to explain why I want a scanner. I've been listening to police and fire departments around my area with a scanner app on my phone, but I want to be able to focus on one department at a time, and the only broadcaster in my area has about 13 departments on one channel which can be a little frustrating as it bounces around a lot.

Dave2582

Curr: Hudson, NH Lived: Tewksbury/Billerica MA

Your profile doesn't have your location tagged, so it's hard to narrow down your search in terms of what towns are analog vs digital. Some towns may be encrypted, so you won't be able to hear them at all. In my current state in New Hampshire, most PDs are digital, and some FDs are digital. I have a pro 106 which covers both analog/digital and trunking. I saw an ad on here that someone is selling a used pro 106 (aka GRE psr 500, aka pro 651, aka Whistler 1040...all these models are the same, just been bought out by different companies at different times) for less than $200. I got a used one about 4 years ago for 300, so the price has come down since. Another factor is personal preference. I never had a Uniden scanner, so I can't say anything about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.