Listening to amateur

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbryant76

So I posted in the ham section that I am starting to study for my technician license.

I was wanting to start listening on my 436 to the Hamilton CountyCinti repeaters to hear the general conversations.

While Sentinel/RR does have a couple repeaters listed, I am not hearing anything at the moment. This could be completely normal, but am wanting to make sure I have everything programmed so I can listen later this evening in my area.

I think when I first got the unit i did hear some Skywarn chit chat..but nothing major. My area could be idle right now.

Traveling last week I did hear a lot of chatter on Gatlinburg, TN area repeaters...(a couple hours worth of political talk)

Weaksignal

So I posted in the ham section that I am starting to study for my technician license. Traveling last week I did hear a lot of chatter on Gatlinburg, TN area repeaters...(a couple hours worth of political talk)

Congratulations on studying for your Technician license. You may wish to check out this link... Get on the Air

Tying up a repeater with political talk... What a concept.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
quite allot of 2 meter has went to dmr

In your area perhaps, but not around here. The large majority of ham repeaters in Ohio and most other place I've traveled are still analog, and likely to stay that way.

KD8DVR

In your area perhaps, but not around here. The large majority of ham repeaters in Ohio and most other place I've traveled are still analog, and likely to stay that way.
Yeah. In Ohio, analog is king. YSF systems are growing; but they are carrying mostly analog traffic.

These days, most repeaters are silent.

AntiSquid disclaimer: All information provided is personal opinion only and may or may not resemble actual fact.

Both iOS and Android have a RPB app. It's nice because I figured out there was a 440 DMR repeater in my area along with the 14x.xxx repeater I found.

Hans13

There are regular daily nets starting around 7:30pm (IIRC) on a couple of 2M repeaters in the Greater Cincinnati Area. I often listen to them and have also participated when propagation favors it.

NG8P at Monix might be able to help you out. He is a regular participant in those nets and a heck of a good guy. monix

If memory serves me, at least two of the nets are on OHKYIN repeaters. OH-KY-IN Amateur Radio Society

Status
Not open for further replies.