Listening to Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
We're down in the area visiting family for a few days. I brought along my 436HP with Pro Voice installed. It works great on the Mobile Police and Fire TGs. It's nice to hear them again after about 3-4 years of nothing.

They're pretty busy overall, but anyone who lives down in the area and heard them before they went PV knew that.

Hopefully, I'll get a chance to set up my SDR - DSDPlus system listen to Daphne Police for a bit. If nothing else, maybe I'll be able to figure out a few Talk Groups in case Uniden gets their NXDN act together.

Yakingjim

Garys, I am glad you made this post. I live in Mobile and have been reading about scanning in Mobile. Several years ago this was a hobby but the new systems stopped all of that. Now I am on my way back.

I will be ordering a 436hp with pro voice. Can I order a 436 and install Provoice or should I buy preinstalled?

garys

Premium Subscriber
Personally, I wouldn't waste money having someone else install the Pro Voice option. Go to BCD536HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki and read up on how to do the upgrades. The first step is to register the scanner at my.uniden.com.

I will caution you that Mobile County and City are moving to a new radio system at some point in the future. At which point you might lose public safety monitoring again.

Garys, I am glad you made this post. I live in Mobile and have been reading about scanning in Mobile. Several years ago this was a hobby but the new systems stopped all of that. Now I am on my way back.

I will be ordering a 436hp with pro voice. Can I order a 436 and install Provoice or should I buy preinstalled?

Yakingjim

Thanks for the reply. If they did not have Provoice I think I would buy the new whistler trx1. Seems like newer technologies. I think they are waiting to see which radio I buy to make their decision

garys

Premium Subscriber
The x36HP scanners have lot of features the TRX scanners don't. If you want something a bit less expensive, the 325p2 scanner also has a Pro Voice optipn.

Thanks for the reply. If they did not have Provoice I think I would buy the new whistler trx1. Seems like newer technologies. I think they are waiting to see which radio I buy to make their decision

sadave

Thanks for the update Garys. I bought the Provoice upgrade for my 436 in preparation for moving to the Mobile area but haven't yet had the opportunity to try it out. Happy to read it works as advertised. Happy New Year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.