Listening to State PD - CSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GumbyCT

New user trying to learn this Pro-197 and how to program in trunking freqs for the CT State Police. I found a post by qlajlu and read some of this -
WIN500 - UtahRadio which is very helpful. Either I missed part of it or didn't get to it yet.

Last nite I downloaded the New Haven County listing for CSP using Win500 into scanlist 6. scanlist 1-5 have other things in them. The download was no problem but I have a couple questions.

1. When it stops at Troop I - I don't hear any audio. I have it setup to chirp and flash so I know when Troop I is broadcasting. I am just south of Waterbury and can see the tower from my house.

2. Also it appears the download data from the NH County State PD listing is different than what I can see when I manually go to the database for a visual check. I see many more listings with the visual check.

Being new to trunk listening I thought maybe I am doing something wrong?

Any tips or tricks on how to setup CSP for statewide listening would be appreciated. I know I haven't even scratched the surface of what this Pro-197 can do.

Thanks,
Gumby

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
did u try the scanner wiki ? maybe some tips there Pro-197 - The RadioReference Wiki

are u using control channel only? I assume without looking at my map u are using the tower East St & Marion in Wolcott? U want the freq for Troop A & I simulcast. Also Troop H has a site there. U could try to put them in too. Branch out from there. U may get others like Troop L. If u are too close to tower u might have to use attentuation button. I know if I go up Avon Mtn with my 396T. It will get all digital unless i use att. No audio I am not familiar with that scanner. I assume u just enter it as motorola type II and the scanner does the rest. Is there a control for the digital? Cant remember the term for it. but if the number is too high or low it wont decode the digital and u get like u said no audio. It might require tuning a control for digital.

GumbyCT

I did download right from the database - no other changes, well except to ring or blink when Troop I dispatch or car-car came on. So not sure about the CC or how to set that up. If the database has a CC then I guess I got it too.

Ya know, I never thought about the attn. Will have to try that and read the link tomorrow. Wouldn't make any sense to me right now but hey thanks for those 2 ideas.

GumbyCT

It looks like the attenuation is a Global function, is that correct?
Is there no way to attn. only Troop I ?

Status
Not open for further replies.