Live Audio Archives: Newtown CT School Shooting Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here are some of the relevant archives from today's incident. Please be respectful with the use of these archives. They document a professional response to a horrific incident.

Newtown Police/Fire

Response starts at the 22:45 Mark

(9:13 AM - 9:43 AM)
http://areg.radioreference.com/20121214/1/201212140813-441506-7623.mp3

Continues here…

(9:43 AM - 10:13 AM)
http://areg.radioreference.com/20121214/4/201212140843-182442-7623.mp3

(10:43 AM - 11:13 AM)
http://areg.radioreference.com/20121214/4/201212140943-188411-7623.mp3

Fairfield County Police, Fire, and EMS

Response starts at the 5:45 minute mark (9:34 AM to 10:04 AM)

http://areg.radioreference.com/20121214/1/201212140834-153453-9921.mp3

Use of the archives:

First and foremost - be respectful with the use of these archives.

You are free to share, remix, and make commercial use of RadioReference.com's audio feed archives as long as you attribute the work to RadioReference.com. We suggest "Audio Provided by RadioReference.com" as a proper attribution in your works. Our audio feed archives are governed by the Creative Commons License listed below:

Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 United States — CC BY 3.0 US

Thanks,

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thank you Mike.

I, like many others, am shaken to the core today. I have a first grader and a third grader, and I was so happy to see them come home today safe and sound. As a parent, this incident absolutely devastates me.... I just can't believe it.

DChastEMT

Premium Subscriber
Newtown CT School Shooting Broadcasts

Lindsay, thank you for making these broadcasts available. I just knew that RadioReference.com would be the place to go to hear it (as troubling as it is to hear them) first hand.

gjhamilton

It's absolutely disgusting. You are no better than the media vultures shoving cameras in everyone's faces asking people how they feel after a disaster. Everyone screams about stuff getting encrypted left and right, well this is a great reason for it. There are some things that are better left alone.

Last edited:

mikepdx

It's absolutely disgusting. You are no better
than the media vultures shoving cameras in everyone's faces asking people
how they feel after a disaster. There are some things that are better left
alone.

As Lindsay said, the archives document a professional
response to a horrific incident. That's it.

It's hardly akin to the "media vultures" doing what they do worst.
Listen or don't listen. It's your choice.

Burying one's head in the sand does not make our national problems go away...

May the dear children and their teachers rest in peace.

Last edited:

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

If so, why would releasing public records 12 hours after a disaster come close to being the same as a reporter shoving a camera in someone's face?

dic

It's absolutely disgusting. You are no better than the media vultures shoving cameras in everyone's faces asking people how they feel after a disaster. Everyone screams about stuff getting encrypted left and right, well this is a great reason for it. There are some things that are better left alone.

Hey Mister 11 Posts:

Did you ever study Trauma Psychology of LEOs (that means Law Enforcement Officers), or FF (that's Fire Fighters) or EMS (Emergency Medical Services)?

Yes, I'm sure you did.
Your response will be "My _______ is a ______" or "I am a ___________"--which you're not.

Spare us the lies.
You are way over your head here, Sir.
Go away, your worthless opinions are not wanted here.

Also, before you hit reply----this thread is NOT about you and NOT A SINGLE PERSON who will read this is interested in what you have to say.

Dic

Last edited:

K8cpa-chuck

If it is okay, I will be hot-linking to these files via my handy-dandy podcasting plug in on my blog. Don't worry, my blog does good if I get 100 hits a day on it. Sometimes more, if I am lucky.

My wonderful blog, which really needs some commenting users, and maybe even some that like to hit my tip jar... is located here:

The Thinking Americanist

Thanks for this, some might find it morbid. I find it useful.

Again, thanks!

-Chuck K8CPA
Lincoln Park, Michigan

Here are some of the relevant archives from today's incident. Please be respectful with the use of these archives. They document a professional response to a horrific incident.

Newtown Police/Fire

Response starts at the 22:45 Mark

(9:13 AM - 9:43 AM)
http://areg.radioreference.com/20121214/1/201212140813-441506-7623.mp3

Continues here…

(9:43 AM - 10:13 AM)
http://areg.radioreference.com/20121214/4/201212140843-182442-7623.mp3

(10:43 AM - 11:13 AM)
http://areg.radioreference.com/20121214/4/201212140943-188411-7623.mp3

Fairfield County Police, Fire, and EMS

Response starts at the 5:45 minute mark (9:34 AM to 10:04 AM)

http://areg.radioreference.com/20121214/1/201212140834-153453-9921.mp3

Use of the archives:

First and foremost - be respectful with the use of these archives.

You are free to share, remix, and make commercial use of RadioReference.com's audio feed archives as long as you attribute the work to RadioReference.com. We suggest "Audio Provided by RadioReference.com" as a proper attribution in your works. Our audio feed archives are governed by the Creative Commons License listed below:

Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 United States — CC BY 3.0 US

Thanks,

APX7500X2

Hey Mister 11 Posts:

Did you ever study Trauma Psychology of LEOs (that means Law Enforcement Officers), or FF (that's Fire Fighters) or EMS (Emergency Medical Services)?

Yes, I'm sure you did.
Your response will be "My _______ is a ______" or "I am a ___________"--which you're not.

Spare us the lies.
You are way over your head here, Sir.
Go away, your worthless opinions are not wanted here.

Also, before you hit reply----this thread is NOT about you and NOT A SINGLE PERSON who will read this is interested in what you have to say.

Dic

So if he has 11 posts his comment isnt as important as yours?
Your reaction to his opinion is ignorant and self centered on your opinion.
Everyone has the right to say what they feel. Im a LEO/EMT/FF for the last 25 years and I also think it’s disgusting to post this now.
Maybe in a few months it would be ok for people to hear but posting now only does 1 thing, gives this web site more hits.
This small thread here will solidify the need for Encryption on all public safety channels.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Why?

I can not believe this site has posted that audio. There are parents who haven't even been able to ID their dead child yet and this site goes and puts the audio of the whole event on the web before the investigation is even finished. This is in very poor taste, why would anybody want to listen to that if you weren't in the immediate vicinity why would you even need to hear that audio. I am sorry but some things are better left in private left to be dealt with only by the people who are involved. Who can blame police for going encrypted when there are people like this who will post audio of a shooting at a ELEMENTARY SCHOOL before the children who were murdered yesterday can even be buried.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Well this is why more agencies are pushing encryption. I wonder what will happen to RR when majority of the police agencies go encrypted.

Just because you can legally do something doesn't mean it's right it's right to do.

I wonder if the shooter had a smart phone and was using it to listen to the online feeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim

I can not believe this site has posted that audio. There are parents who haven't even been able to ID their dead child yet and this site goes and puts the audio of the whole event on the web before the investigation is even finished. This is in very poor taste, why would anybody want to listen to that if you weren't in the immediate vicinity why would you even need to hear that audio. I am sorry but some things are better left in private left to be dealt with only by the people who are involved. Who can blame police for going encrypted when there are people like this who will post audio of a shooting at a ELEMENTARY SCHOOL before the children who were murdered yesterday can even be buried.

Greetings...

While this is a tragedy of epic proportions, lets not forget that this is the audio of public safety officials and not of the victims. While I am sure that some of the radio traffic is graphic, there is a great deal of good that could come from posting the archives.

First of all, more people *might* appreciate the first responders of this incident. They are going to have to deal with the images of the scene for the rest of their life.

Being a public safety dispatcher, the biggest thing is that a large number of departments use archived radio traffic of major incidents for training purposes. The agency I work for responds daily to shootings and other major incidents, but many smaller departments may only get one or two major incidents a year.

These records can help new public safety dispatchers hear what it sounds like when God forbid their agency has to respond to an incident similar to to this. This is as important of a training tool for public safety dispatchers as it is for officers responding.

In my opinion, this posting of radio traffic is not going to effect the victims of the tragedy as much as all of the images and interviews being broadcasted. My *guess* is that most victim families are not watching the news, anyways.

Tim

KD2DLL

Feed Provider

It would be on here weather or not it was posted on this thread or not. It's a part of the archives from that feed already. All that Lindsay did was put links to the exact archives for us. I know this is a very tragic incident, it's a terrible thing.

dic

Everyone has the right to say what they feel. Im a LEO/EMT/FF for the last 25 years and I also think it’s disgusting to post this now.
This small thread here will solidify the need for Encryption on all public safety channels.

1-Sir, thank you for confirming my hypothesis: "I'm a_____________".
2-By your signature and your capitalization of the word, I'm sure we all understand your position in this matter.

This will be my last comment.
Good Day.

Dic

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Wow... Is there any chance the world could stop squabbling over their personal beliefs and politicizing this for a little while? 28 people are dead, most of them ELEMENTARY school students. Please, let's not debase this tragedy by arguing about encryption using this incident as a soap box. It's heart-wrenching enough as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.