Live Audio Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3XDJ

My appologies Kendrick. I was not aware who to contact in this regard.

The admins can remove my post accordingly.

Thanks!

Michel

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
My appologies Kendrick. I was not aware who to contact in this regard.

The admins can remove my post accordingly.

Thanks!

Michel

Just shoot me an email with the details on this request and we'll look into it.

Thanks!!

e713rw

Ventura County Fire Department/EMS (California) went offline. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can rebroadcast it! Thanks!

PeterGV

K1PGV
You would think a tiny little bit of programming would be all that is required to add a little built in audio squech and high pass filtering to the audio streaming programs.

I was amazed that none of them had added these features.

Imagine all the bandwitdh that could be saved by not sending all those packets of HUM and NOISE.

Audio squelch (sending audio only when there's audio to send, and not sending blocks of silence): Unfortunately, the audio servers don't support this. Remember, these streaming protocols (between a "source client" -- that is, a scanner -- and the audio server -- that is, RR) were designed primarily for streaming music. The system wasn't really designed with the kind of extended silence we have in the scanner world.

High Pass Filtering: This is more easily said than done, definitely more than a "simple matter of programming", but it would definitely be worth doing at some point.

Peter
K1PGV

SCPD

QRT
Subscription NEXTEL service between Feed Providers .....

:p Just kidding

The ability to put multiple feeds into the Java player using the API on personal webpages. Rather than having three or four individual players at the bottom or side of the page.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
If you don't mind me asking, what did the e-mail say? I am also curious if we can suggest feeds that could be put up live if someone is willing to do so.

He just ask me the same thing as he did here.

You can, however, this particular thread is not for requesting feeds. If you want to see if someone may be willing to put up a particular feed, id say go to your state forum and ask.

fischlerpromo

I have a question.
I live in the Van Nuy, Ca. and you have a feed for our police department in my part of Los Angeles.
A few months ago you removed freqs. such as Tac. 1 or Tac. 2.

The reason that I was told it was done was to lessen the possibilities of criminals monitoring RR.

So now, when I listen to the freqs in my feed all I hear are cops running license status, plates etc.

I have to be honest with you when I tell you that I hardly think criminals monitor this site. I would bet that they have their own scanners if they are monitoring freqs.

By removing these frequencies the feed is now really boring.

Would it be possible for you to allow your feed provider for my area to put those freqs back in his scans?

Thanks

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I have a question.
I live in the Van Nuy, Ca. and you have a feed for our police department in my part of Los Angeles.

The reason that I was told it was done was to lessen the possibilities of criminals monitoring RR.

So now, when I listen to the freqs in my feed all I hear are cops running license status, plates etc.

I have to be honest with you when I tell you that I hardly think criminals monitor this site. I would bet that they have their own scanners if they are monitoring freqs.

Would it be possible for you to allow your feed provider for my area to put those freqs back in his scans?

Thanks

No, it would not be possible. Please refer to the Feed Provider Terms of Service:

Feed Provider Terms of Service - The RadioReference Wiki

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I have a question.

Thanks

Furthermore, if you are hearing things such as license status, warrants, records, etc. and its on a separate channel, than this would also be against our terms of service.

W3DRM

Premium Subscriber
Resizable and Docking of Feed Windows

It would be helpful if the window that opens showing the audio feed
could be sized and to show only the control window. Currently, the
window is huge and if one has multiple feeds open, there is no
way of resizing them so only the small control window is visible.

If they could somehow be docked together that would be even better
so you could control/view multiple feeds simultaneously.

If I remember correctly, the feed window used to be sizable some time ago.

fischlerpromo

Furthermore, if you are hearing things such as license status, warrants, records, etc. and its on a separate channel, than this would also be against our terms of service.

No, not so. It's on the regular dispatch freq.. not another freq.
I know that for a fact as I had a scanner also.

Regular license status checks, wants and warrants are when running a license is all on the regular general dispatch freq. So no one is violating your TOS.

Last edited:

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
I read an earlier post about the inability to only upload the stream during activity, but how about the ability to play back an archive recording without the dead air? Is that possible?

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I read an earlier post about the inability to only upload the stream during activity, but how about the ability to play back an archive recording without the dead air? Is that possible?

This is a feature that is part of the Premium Feeds. As of right now, this program is on hold until further notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.