• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

LIVE PD on A&E

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Anyone watching LIVE PD on A&E tonight? I forgot it started last week and they have like 6 live pd from different states one of them is Walton Co Fl.

N2AL

I briefly watched it but I did not enjoy it. Honestly it reminded me of work, and the commentator questioning why the officers were doing what they were doing started to annoy me. BUT that is my opinion and I am sure others enjoy the show.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I briefly watched it but I did not enjoy it. Honestly it reminded me of work, and the commentator questioning why the officers were doing what they were doing started to annoy me. BUT that is my opinion and I am sure others enjoy the show.
I notice on their FB Page alot of people didn't like it.

I don't know why they came up with this show but it sucks. They can't get it right. Bridgeport CT. has one of the highest crime rates in America, yet their show does not reflect what we see in our local news. I don't see it lasting too long.

Manny

kmacinct

Premium Subscriber
Much of it appeared to have been pre recorded, and played in lieu of live action.....

And, noticed in the control room, the clock was 45 minutes behind, meaning they had time to buffer and modify content.

It's not going to work. There is only one COPS

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Air11

Premium Subscriber
Its a LOT like COPS, and yes the commentary got annoying at times, but it was pretty good. I really like the different GOPRO shots from both inside and outside the vehicles. But it was raw, unedited and live. Any thing can happen. I find that is where COPS falls short. To much or too little editing. My only complaint is because its live, the host was a bit unorganized. Other than that, a good solid effort!

The bottom line is COPS does have like a 25+ year head start on these guys!

Air11

Premium Subscriber
I just relized out of the 6 Dept's followed only 2 are encrypted. That Being the Walton County Sheriffs office and Bridgeport CT police. I'm surprised Walton is still using Provoice...

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I noticed last week and this week they did live video from TX and KY. At the end of the show tonight they are going to have LivePD Next Friday and Saturday.

Air11

Premium Subscriber
Like the way there changing departments. Been checking the DB to see who's ENC. Can't seem to find St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office on the LWIN system. Anyone know what there using?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
I'm amazed by how polite, politically correct, and gentle the cops are on Live PD! Half the time they let everybody go free, it's crazy! Maybe they're trying to change their image so not so many officers are getting killed. The amount of time they spend talking to the perps is unnecessary. Live PD is like daycare for idiots and misfits in society.

Maybe it's because I've witnessed 'real cops' in the state of Michigan all my life?

mattw19781

Premium Subscriber
live pd on a&e

i uphold my previous comment about the show i have been watching this show for about eight months now i although i haven't been watching it since the beginning i do think it has gotten better over the time that i have watched it,i used to watch cops every time it was on but now i NEVER watch it i just doesn't seem as real as live pd

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I haven't watched the show since they had that 2 week break for Christmas and New Years. I have no longer have cable since Dec 26th. I don't know what cities or counties are on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.