Livingston County Programming - Verification Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistatecj

Hi group,

I am new to this digital scanning, but have been using the "older" scanners for 15 years. I am attempting to set up the programming for a BCD396T, which should be here next week. I am interested in listening to most of the Township PD's in Livingston County, local MSP and the Sheriff's dept. After researching for the past two weeks, I am still a little confused, and from what I read, that is normal. My question is, how have you in the same area set up your programming? I am sure I will add more later, but I would like to start with Police for now. I have installed FreeScan, UASD and bcTool. I played with all of them, and at this time, they seem ok.

So if I understand correctly, I start by naming the system, ex. Livingston Co. I then want to name (not sure what to name this) and set up my site with the two control channels from the Howell(217) tower. Then I need to name the talkgroup, ex. Hamburg Police, and is the talkgroup ID 2139? That is where I get lost. If that is the process, I would think that dividing all the agencies, PD, FD and EMS per County would be the best way to do this?

I have also read a lot about quick keys, what would be the benefit or how is the easiest way to go about setting these up in this situation? If you have any screen shots or other useful information, I would greatly appreciate seeing it. Thank you so much for the help.

Last edited:

N8RUS

Your 396 will have all Liv. Co agencys already programmed in it from the factory. This is due the fact that Liv. Co is part of the state-wide system (MPSCS).

mistatecj

Great, thank you very much for the help. It sounds like the software and the quick keys are only used for editing and customizing. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.