Livonia FD still on VHF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanlonmi06

Premium Subscriber
I don't seem to have heard anything on Livonia FD's vhf channel lately, out of 3 scanners two of which have it as a priority channel. Did they move to MPSCS?

hanlonmi06

Premium Subscriber
that's very odd. i was listening to them work a scene just 1 or 2 weeks ago on their VHF channel driving home from work. i specifically remember it because i picked them up at the 275 and 75 split and listened the whole way home thinking 'how cools is this'.

perhaps it was an in-between systems situation where they still were bouncing back and forth till the bugs got fixed, but i know for sure it was VHF just as of a couple weeks ago. i'm pretty bummed now...

FPOWLD

Try 155.790 for tone out and some commuications. Nothing being heard on their old t/o frequency.

smithken

Premium Subscriber
what...the...

this JUST happened then?

this is getting to be a tough hobby to enjoy lately.

I bought my BC780XLT in 2001 and Livonia fire was on an EDACS trunked in the 800 MHz band at that time, they moved to MPSCS in the spring or summer of 2013.

hanlonmi06

Premium Subscriber
i saw in the database where the PD had moved, but the FD was still active on 155.625, and i was monitoring there successfully for a number of weeks till now.....so much for the old scanners still having use, lol.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
It's possible they had a patch in place between the two while they got things sorted out... and have now dropped the patch :(

hanlonmi06

Premium Subscriber
Quick update/question:

regarding this mornings dual incident in Livonia, with two fires, "channel two" was instructed to be used for mutual aid with Westland and Redford. Can someone shed some light on what channel two would have been for the mutual aid scenario? would it have been one of Livonia's MPSCS talk groups, perhaps FD2 and a COM8, or Westlands seconadry?

i only had the chance to monitor the 155.79 this morning, and so i was curious what the channel 2 might have been for that particular case with mutual aid.

szron

I was running around and haven't got a chance to tune my scanner to that incident but they might have referred to I-Tac2 800 conventional channel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.