Loading scan list archive from TRX-1 to WS-1095

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

I have a TRX-1 (which I love, BTW!) and I have made an archive of my scan lists. I just bought a discounted WS-1095, it should be here next week. After I get the WS-1095 updated and upgraded for DMR, can I load in my archive file that I created for the TRX-1?

Swipesy

I have a TRX-1 (which I love, BTW!) and I have made an archive of my scan lists. I just bought a discounted WS-1095, it should be here next week. After I get the WS-1095 updated and upgraded for DMR, can I load in my archive file that I created for the TRX-1?

Whenever you do a restore from Archive from a GRE-800 or any Whistler 1080 - TRX-2 to a Whister 1080 to TRX-2 it is a good idea, in EZScan to click on the Restore Factory Defaults button on the imported EZScan General Page. Then reset your settings in EZscan (Name of Scanner, Screen Line reporting etc). In this manner you will be sure that when you export the Config from EZScan to your radio it is set for the model you are using it in.

wbswetnam

Whenever you do a restore from Archive from a GRE-800 or any Whistler 1080 - TRX-2 to a Whister 1080 to TRX-2 it is a good idea, in EZScan to click on the Restore Factory Defaults button on the imported EZScan General Page. Then reset your settings in EZscan (Name of Scanner, Screen Line reporting etc). In this manner you will be sure that when you export the Config from EZScan to your radio it is set for the model you are using it in.

I assume that you mean:

1. Install EZScan for the WS-1095
2. Import the archive file.
3. Select the "Restore Factory Defaults" button.
4. Check for updates.
5. Connect WS-1095 scanner and apply updates, upgrades and settings.

Right?

wbswetnam

Splendid. In that case, I went ahead and downloaded the EZScan software and did steps 1 - 4. Now I'm just waiting for the radio to be delivered.

Ed6698

Just copy the CDAT file from the TRX 1 to the CDAT file of the 1095. The only file you do not want to copy from the CDAT file is the ISCAN_.GLB file. CDAT File should be found in My Document folder for each radio.

wbswetnam

The scanner arrived today. I unpacked it, updated the firmware, CPU and library, uploaded my archived scan lists, and it all worked perfectly. I'm going to install it in my car this afternoon.

Swipesy

The scanner arrived today. I unpacked it, updated the firmware, CPU and library, uploaded my archived scan lists, and it all worked perfectly. I'm going to install it in my car this afternoon.

Glad it went smooth for you. I have done that procedure numerous times across the Whitler 1080 - TRX-2 line and it is the quickest way. Copying CDAT files is not as easy or foolproof.

Status
Not open for further replies.