local scanner frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a scanner from Radio Shack and all I really want are the local agency scanner frequencies, i.e., San Bernardino Sheriff for Victorville, CA and all the local fire, etc. Used to be when I bought a scanner they gave me a list on a sheet of paper to input them myself. Can anyone help me?

freqs

I just bought a scanner from Radio Shack and all I really want are the local agency scanner frequencies, i.e., San Bernardino Sheriff for Victorville, CA and all the local fire, etc. Used to be when I bought a scanner they gave me a list on a sheet of paper to input them myself. Can anyone help me?
Every freq you need is here in the database
For your area and US

Radio_Lady

It's a new world for scanning

I imagine that "Markclark's" invitation for a private message is so he can help familiarize "highdesertlady" with trunking, since by the way she worded her request
"...Used to be when I bought a scanner they gave me a list on a sheet of paper to input them myself"
strongly suggests that her previous scanning experience was in the days before trunking, when all we DID need was a frequency list on a sheet of paper.

Many if not most listeners cut their scanning "teeth" in the past 15-20 years. and for all you folks trunking is pretty much taken for granted. But keep in mind that for all of us who've been listening since the 60s, 70s, and early 80s, all we had to know back then was the frequency. Talk groups and digital and MDTs and such weren't even in our vocabulary for many years.

Switching to a different but somewhat related "topic/frequency," it's funny that all the new (and often incompatible) types of trunking, and the plethora of emissions are springing up just as the buzzword for public safety has become "interoperability." I think back to my first decade of dispatching, and we COULD HAVE had real quick and easy interoperabillity, since virtually everyone in L.A. County was on either low or high VHF. The two obstacles that stood in the way were first, that nobody thought they had much need to talk to anybody else, and on a more practical level, there were few radios available at the time that had either enough channels or wide enough front ends for it to really work. Not to mention dual bands. Now they can squeeze multiple bands and emissions, trunking and conventional and the kitchen sink into handhelds. Too complex for most end users to learn and remember, but that's an entirely different thread

Status
Not open for further replies.