Locution System

Status
Not open for further replies.

spetty

I'm researching the Locution system and am wondering what anyone thinks about it? How has it worked out, how does it sound, any problems?

I'd also like to talk to anyone that is within receive range of it. I'd like to stream it back to me for a couple of days to listen for myself, and can provide the software to do it. I'll make the link available for everyone to listen if someone is close enough to provide the PC and scanner for a few days.

Any interest?

Sean

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
I, for one HATE it! I've listened to it now for about 4 months. My thoughts are the following: If this can't "pronounce" certain things & a REAL live dispatcher has to step in what good is it? I've heard many calls when the communicator on duty will step in to clairify calls or correct info given by Locution. Also, as a former long time firefighter I find that I'm less apt to pay attention to Locution because of it's "monotonal" sound. Not sure how effective it is I'll leave that for someone that's active as I'd be interested in hearing what current public saftey personell think?

Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.