Logging audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way in DSD or FMP24 to log audio with the TG and RID info so I can listen
and determine what city, company etc is using that TG and RID?'
Mil

S

simpilo

Is there a way in DSD or FMP24 to log audio with the TG and RID info so I can listen
and determine what city, company etc is using that TG and RID?'
Mil
Talk Groups are in your DSDPlus.groups and RRID's are in DSDPlus.radios files automatically. DSDPlus.radios will get enormous.

S

simpilo

just tap "r" to record the raw data and decode it later with DSDPlus using the command DSDPlus ? <audio file>
That gets saved by default into the DSDPlus folder.

Type it like this:
dsdplus ? record.wav

slicerwizard

Where is the AUDIO????????????
I suspect that information is in the docs that few seem to read. DSD+ creates DSDPlus.wav and DSDPlus.srt files that record audio and audio metadata. When played in VLC, the timestamps, talkgroup IDs and radio IDs are all visible. Select Audio / Visualizations / VU meter in VLC.

VLC.png

racingfan360

I use the following in the bat file to run dsd+ fastlane: ...the up front additions add a time/date stamp to the audio file name and log. I don't recall which function switch (if any) creates the TG/RID entry into the audio filename, as I can't find the help file to confirm.

For /f "tokens=1-4 delims=/ " %%a in ('date /t') do (set date=%%a%%b%%c)
DSDPlus -E -v3 -i1 -Pmp3 -I0 -g80 -t -O C:\dsd\audio\digital_%date%.wav >>C:\dsd\logs\digital_%date%log.txt

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Moderator please delete this tread. I new the minute I hit the enter key that someone
would accuse me of being to lazy to do the research to find the answer. I have had problems
with DSD and I have tried to find the answers myself but the help files and info files for DSD
have given me headaches. Sorry for any time lost by people reading this thread.

Mil

S

simpilo

Moderator please delete this tread. I new the minute I hit the enter key that someone
would accuse me of being to lazy to do the research to find the answer. I have had problems
with DSD and I have tried to find the answers myself but the help files and info files for DSD
have given me headaches. Sorry for any time lost by people reading this thread.

Mil
Hey Ill be one of the first to agree the help files need better structure but when you ask for help people dont actually know if anyone has read the help files. Some will assume without thinking maybe the person asking for help did read the help files. DSDPlus is a different its meant to be customizable to user preference. Take it with a grain of salt. There were good replies to help you. Slicerwizard is a good person he just wants to make sure everyone is reading help files. They do help. Slicerwizard is also the developer and creator of Trunk88, a very good program for Motorola Smartnet and Smartzone trunked systems. He doesnt mean anyone harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.