• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

lol my toaster oven turned on by itself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogbobo

hahah, i'm not kidding, thats the scary part ... I have the el'cheapo walmart GE toaster oven, and I'm sitting here minding my own business and I hear a strange erratic beeping from the kitchen ... I go to investigate and I see that the blue led display on the toaster oven is blank and the heat coming off the thing is nuts ... I unplugged it and email GE but I'm still kinda freaked out ... like, what if we had been asleep and that sucker had gone gang busters ... maybe its just me ... what do yall think? -Matt

pogbobo

hoser147 said:
Sounds like your due for a new toaster oven or GE better do a recall...........
I've only had the thing for like 3 months ... maybe its time for a recall :)

I guess I can't complain, it was only like $30 at wally world ... thats def worth my house burning down for sure :twisted:

RC54730

GreatLakes said:
Another fine product from China, no doubt?
I think these days GE just licenses their logo/brand to any chinese appliance maker that comes down the road - GE gets the licensing revenue, and the third-party manufacturer gets to wring the last few drops of credibility out of the GE brand. Sigh...

Shortwavewave

Someone correct me if im wrong but I think I read something about
Microwaves having a problem on cheaper models, that static sparks can switch it on

and if there more heat than normal coming out, take it back or rip the cord out and throw it away.

watch this idiot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE3dRBlQjTE

wendallb

I had a coffee maker catch on fire once and it was not even turned on. Glad I was at home when this happened or it would have nasty.

Thayne

Premium Subscriber
My Mom's Electric coffee pot caught on fire--but it was because she put it on a gas stove and turned the burner on. :eek:

DeltaDOCguy

lol..this thread could get really funny. My addition? When we hit the base mic on our DTRS radio....it turns on the paper shredder.

pogbobo

DeltaDOCguy said:
lol..this thread could get really funny. My addition? When we hit the base mic on our DTRS radio....it turns on the paper shredder.
except I wasn't looking for crazy scenarios involving paper shredders :cool:

this actually happened to me last night, and if I had gone to bed at a decent time like I normally do it could have ended very bad for me ... I hope folks that have GE toaster ovens from walmart are unplugging them at night now haha :)

mikepdx

pogbobo said:
I hope folks that have GE toaster ovens from walmart are unplugging them at night now haha :)
It might be a good idea to unplug ANYTHING unattended that was bought from Wal-Mart.

The manufacturers have to cut something from the manufacturing
process to meet Wal-Mart's agressive purchasing department's terms...

QC probably went out the window first.

Last edited:

SCPD

one word "poltergeist" better get some ghost busters or something like that LOL.

RC54730

DeltaDOCguy said:
That's absolutely hilarious.

pogbobo

I got an email back from these goons ... here's what it said:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please contact Customer Service at 1-866-292-7403 for further
assistance.

just thought i'd pass that along, so if it happens to anyone here don't bother to email their customer support, cause they will just tell you to call them anyway :evil:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
We never had such problems before computer chips found their way into things and they were easy to fix too. Murphy's Law codified;
Anything that can go wrong will go wrong and always at the worst possible moment.
a) This is most assured when a silicon brain is added and the machine thinks for itself contrary to human thought and refuses to obey.
b) Their most notable trait is self sacrifice. They are mechanical suicide bombers willing to sacrifice themselves in the name of their god Silicon.
c) Unplugging them is only a partial solution as most are programmed to blow up the next time they're plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.