Longmont Fire VHF channels 1& 2 gone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
For the last several weeks (at least) I've noticed that 2 VHF channels (DTRS links/patches) for Longmont FD are totally gone, namely 154.17500, 343 PL and 154.81500, 179.9 PL. And before anyone asks, I've been scanning from numerous areas where Longmont VHF channels have always come through great, and I can still hear the Longmont PD VHF channels just fine. FCC ULS doesn't seem to indicate any major ownership/use changes to these frequencies, but they seem to be offline. Notably I can still hear Longmont FD VHF TAC-2 (151.02500, 343 PL) just fine, but this channel ONLY broadcasts fire tones with no voice announcements.

Can anyone confirm whether they've heard Longmont Fire VHF channels in the last few weeks, and/or whether these channels have been taken offline for the foreseeable future?

-Nate

Last edited:

nathancarlson

I haven't heard any voice traffic on those for a very long time. I know I would hear tones on the VHF 2, but no voice traffic at all. I still keep them programmed just in case. They may use them some point for mutual aid or training or something. I know that some type of changes are going on, I'm just not sure what,

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard any voice traffic on those for a very long time. I know I would hear tones on the VHF 2, but no voice traffic at all. I still keep them programmed just in case. They may use them some point for mutual aid or training or something. I know that some type of changes are going on, I'm just not sure what,

I've only had my scanner since July of this year, so I maybe I never heard these freq's and just didn't notice until recently. I thought I remember hearing them months ago, but maybe not. I sure wish Longmont PD would re-assign one of them to simulcast their data channel, which doesn't come through so well on scanners...lol:(

snoopyII

If I remember right, the (VHF) Longmont Fire channels disappeared very shortly after their transition to DTRS, which has been for some time now. Thorodin is pretty reliable for Longmont Fire.

Last edited:

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
154.175 went tone only when the FD moved to DTRS and was taken offline a year ago and the tone out's moved to 151.025. My understanding was that the 154.175 repeater was not narrowband capable while 151.025 was hence the move for compliance.

151.025 and 154.175 are used by other agencies outside the metro area.

Status
Not open for further replies.