Longmont Standoff, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
LONGMONT – A standoff situation is under way at an apartment complex in northwest Longmont after a man apparently shot at several cars.

9NEWS counted more than two dozen police vehicles outside of The Shores apartment complex, which is near Highway 66 and Airport Road.

SWAT officers were also spotted at the scene.

Longmont Police have closed off roads in the area and officers asked SKY 9 to leave the area for its own safety.

Police say an armed man fired four shots from an apartment and then barricaded himself inside. Police say they do have phone contact with the man.

The Longmont Times-Call reports a witness told police at least two bullets hit his car and police believe the shots appear to be random.

According to the Times-Call, the gunman is believed to have a 45-caliber handgun and is described as a white man, 5 feet, 10 inches tall and 175 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, gray shirt and a baseball cap.

There are no reports of any injuries.

resq197

Pretty interesting listening, it's not often that I'm close enough to listen to the tactical comms on a live SWAT incident.

I'll post some details when it's resolved.

-Brian

jfab

I don't want to disclose too much as this is an on-going swat incident, but there is some very interesting listening going on on Longmont PD Channel 1 (156.2100)

Jim-Thanks! I should have turned on my radio before I bugged you guys!!! Thanks for putting up with me ;)!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
LONGMONT – A standoff ended on Wednesday night after police fired tear gas inside an apartment and then sent in a robot with a camera which found a body.

Longmont Police say an armed man, who they believe is 36-year-old Douglas Fedorock, fired several shots out of an apartment at The Shores complex in northwest Longmont around 4:30 p.m. and then barricaded himself inside.

The two canisters of tear gas were fired into the apartment around 9 p.m. and when police still did not get any response they sent in a robot with a camera around 9:45 p.m. That robot found a body, but police will not say if that body is Fedorock's.

9NEWS counted more than two dozen police vehicles outside of the apartment complex, which is near Highway 66 and Airport Road, on Wednesday afternoon.

Police say they spent nearly four hours trying to make contact with Fedorock, but did not have any success.

"We're just trying to get him to communicate with us," said Commander Tom Fixmer with the Longmont Police Department before police fired the tear gas. "As long as he's in there and armed, there's still a danger."

Police say Fedorock never answered the phone or came out of his apartment.

No one was hit by the gunshots, but the gunfire did hit a pickup truck that was driving by and a nearby apartment, according to police.

Four blocks around the apartment complex were blocked off and some apartments near Fedorock's were evacuated. It was unclear when those people would be allowed to go home.

Police say they have no idea what started the standoff and say they have not been able to find any criminal history related to Fedorock.

Status
Not open for further replies.