Longmont SWAT Channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopyII

I was listening to the standoff in longmont this morning when they switched comms to the swat channel...(not BC Black) can anybody PM me and fill me in on this? Since their swat team is fairly new and my db is getting old I dont have this one yet.

bh

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Rather not post here but put it this way it's a simplex VHF frequency.

Jim<

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
It's like this kids if you're close enough to hear em you're too close.

Phil.

Last edited:
It is a simplex channel. It is rarely used to my knowledge, even on most of the SWAT incidents I know about. I've never heard any type of encrytion either.

jfab

scanlist said:
It's like this kids if you're close enough to hear em you're too close.

Phil.
Haha...good point! Never thought of it that way!

But, lets say the target was a typical residence, and the street the house was on was blocked off, if you stood at the end of the street, couldn't you hear the comms?

you could

jfab said:
Haha...good point! Never thought of it that way!

But, lets say the target was a typical residence, and the street the house was on was blocked off, if you stood at the end of the street, couldn't you hear the comms?

scanlist

jfab said:
Sure but standing out in the street with a scanner in or near a perimiter area will probably yield some unwanted attention and a "trip to the station".

Phil.

jfab

scanlist said:
Sure but standing out in the street with a scanner in or near a perimiter area will probably yield some unwanted attention and a "trip to the station".

Phil.
True yet again!! Haha...thanks for looking out for me ;)

BOWLERPBA

ADP in the future when Longmont goes to DTRS? I'LL be the first one in Chief Butler's office with the local newspaper right behind me. I'm on good terms with the mayor and maybe I should keep it that way in case I need some "backup". Ha!

scanlist

With all the "Me Too" PUBLIC messages about the swat VHF channel in this thread what kind of impression does it give to someone from LPD reading this forum? Some folks in PS get reactionary about their "Secret Squirrel" comm info being out there. Recklessness in the hobby fuels this way of thinking.

A number of us "old guys" understand that some things should not be openly out there in the public arena. If you wanna PM someone behind the scenes go for it but seriously be discrete.

FWIW there is another thread here in the Colorado forum about a SWAT officer from an un-named agency pressing for their entire department to encrypt everything including the guy who cleans the toilets at city hall. Is it Longmont? I don't know but with the advent of ADP it's a cheap add-on for anyone new jumping on board the system. Look at what's happening to all PS comm in Garfield county.

Phil.

Last edited:

jfab

I guess if someone really wants this freq they will have to turn on their close call and get it themselves...and risk being sent to jail/PD

Status
Not open for further replies.