Longmont: Tandem parachute 2x fatal

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFsponge

4-5-08 1421

Sketchy info at this time. Apparently, a chute failed to deploy on a tandem skydive out of Longmont Airport. Two confirmed fatalities. Developing...

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Gotta wonder what happened to the reserve? It's a shame this happened...
I've done ONE jump, and only one jump. It wasn't even a tandem...my only jump was an Advanced Free Fall jump. Exhilarating as hell, but the landing was rough, and I'm told I'll be able to predict storms when I get older. Got the whole jump on video, so I have the bragging rights. I'm glad it wasn't any worse.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
LONGMONT - The Longmont Fire Department says that two men died Saturday afternoon while attempting a tandem jump.

This happened around 1:30 p.m. at the Vance Brand Municipal Airport in Longmont.

According to the manager of the airport, an instructor with the Mile-Hi Skydiving Center and a student died while trying to land. We are told both men are from the Denver Metro Area. The names and ages of the victims were not immediately released.

The Federal Aviation Administration was on the scene Saturday afternoon.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
jimmnn said:
LONGMONT - The Longmont Fire Department says that two men died Saturday afternoon while attempting a tandem jump.

This happened around 1:30 p.m. at the Vance Brand Municipal Airport in Longmont.

According to the manager of the airport, an instructor with the Mile-Hi Skydiving Center and a student died while trying to land. We are told both men are from the Denver Metro Area. The names and ages of the victims were not immediately released.

The Federal Aviation Administration was on the scene Saturday afternoon.

My son works there....chute deployed just fine....it was an attempted low altitude turn that dropped them in from about 50' above the ground. 3 other tandems had no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.