Looking for a good base station radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evnldr

I sold all my old scanners long ago when they switched to 800 band,
So looking for a good starter has to be digital was looking at Uniden BCD996P2 or Whistler WS1065 but it may be a bit much. I only need it for local use. New Castle County, Delaware (DE) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference I will probably manually add them as there is not many.

Just looking for something that will work well.

thanks in advanced.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
Go to Ham Radio Outlet in New Castle. They will show you the latest models and answer any questions you have.

Evnldr

I was going to but I have a amazon credit and I don't want to be that guy that asks questions and buys elsewhere :)
I have been looking at:

WS1065
BCD996P2

The BCD536HP and BCD996XT may be a tad out of my price range but it looks amazing

Just looking for a basic unit that works in Delaware.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I was going to but I have a amazon credit and I don't want to be that guy that asks questions and buys elsewhere :)
I have been looking at:

WS1065
BCD996P2

The BCD536HP and BCD996XT may be a tad out of my price range but it looks amazing

Just looking for a basic unit that works in Delaware.

The BCD 996P2 is the updated version of the BCD 996XT

Evnldr

The BCD 996P2 is the updated version of the BCD 996XT

And $100.00 cheaper

BCD996XT = 477.00
BCD996P2 = 350 or so

I think that is the one to get. looks like that and freescan would be a good start.

Custom Alerts - You can program your scanner to alert you when, a channel is received, you
receive a Close Call hit, a talkgroup ID is transmitted with an emergency alert, you get close to
a POI (Point of Interest)/Dangerous Road/Dangerous Crossing, or you receive a Tone-Out hit.
For each alert in the scanner.

Can you use one of the 7 colors for normal use? Still trying to read the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.